Gizmopal - Overheating - known issue by LG

Epal

Has anyone had a problem with the 1st generation gizmopal giving you a message that it's reached high temperatures and will shut off?  I got this message on my 1st gizmopal and I find it hard to believe that it could get so hot sitting in my son's backpack in the classroom.  Verizon tried to troubleshoot and ended up sending me a replacement unit.  Now I get the same overheating message with the 2nd unit.  What's frustrating is that you cannot turn the band back on from the app.  So the unit is useless.  I called Verizon again and they directed me to call LG.  I called LG and they said that this is a known issue with the gizmopal and they want me to send the unit to them for repair.   Personally, I would like refund but they said that was not possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Gizmopal - Overheating - known issue by LG

John_Getzke
Leader

>  I called LG and they said that this is a known issue with the gizmopal

Well there you go.

> and they want me to send the unit to them for repair.

Keep sending them units to repair until they get sick of it.  Get them to eat enough repair costs and it will get someone's attention.  At that time they may offer to send you a different device or offer a refund.  Until then it sounds like their process is to repair the device, not refund.

My daughter told me that her watch burnt her today at school. She had to hurry and get it off her wrist.  This is a known issue?  Good **bleep**. I'll be taking it in tomorrow to see what I can do about it.  Aren't a lot of other options out there.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello theicequeen523, thank you for contacting us. We are concerned to learn that your daughter told you that the watch burnt her today at school, and would love to help. Were you able to take it in yesterday? If so, what happened? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes