GizmoWatch not texting
Philyboy13
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter's GizmoWatch will not allow her to text me.  I am assigned as guardian 1 and it shows texting as an option, however when we select the text icon the screen blacks out for a moment then returns to the home screen.  My daughter is able to text my wife (guardian 2) without issue.  She is also able to call and recieve texts from me.  When we attempted to reply to a text I sent her, it again blacked the screen before returning to the home screen.  I have cycled the power on the watch with no change.  Any other suggestions?

Tags (3)
Re: GizmoWatch not texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Philyboy13, we certainly want your daughter to be able to text you. It is odd indeed that she can text your wife, but the black screen occurs when she tries to message you. Thank you so much for the details you provided as they are beneficial. Has your daughter ever been able to text you? Have you tried to delete your contact and re-add it?http://spr.ly/6600EZe1u

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Finallyincognito
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for sharing your issue, we were experiencing the same thing! I followed the instructions and deleted the Gizmo and repaired it and we are back up and running. 

0 Likes
t4ral

we are having this same issue! frustrating to say the least.

son can call but not text. when goes to text, the screen just goes blank and returns to the home screen. odd.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

t4ral, we know how kids rely on text heavily these days, so we are here to work toward a resolution. What operating system is your smartphone, such as Android or iOS? Can the watch receive texts? Is the automatic time enabled as shown on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209091/?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
robinson_5_98

We just got out gizmowatch and have the opposite problem.  It can text but not call or receive calls.  Thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robinson_5_98,

I'm sorry to see that your Gizmowatch is not able to make or receive calls. I know that getting this up and running is top priority. Please share more information with me. What happens when you try to make a call? How long has this been happening? Is anyone around you having the same trouble? I want to ensure we get this going for you. 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
Jennreck19

I am not the original poster, but would like help with my son's GizmoWatch.  He cannot send or receive text messages from school, but it works fine from home.  My date & time are set to Automatic so I don't know what else to do.  The whole purpose of getting him the watch was for him to be able to communicate when he's away from us...  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no. Let's follow these steps for "I'm unable to send or receive text messages"

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-gizmowatch-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&QTAX53B&92...
Are there any time restrictions in place?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Chappy1228

Same question. Only thing is it will let him text me as the primary but no one else 

0 Likes