Highlighted

Gizmo won't send or receive calls but texts work

My son's Gizmo watch is activated, updated, connected to Verizon, and everything else that it should be but it will not send or receive calls.  My son had a Gizmo for a year and a half that quit working (the screen just went blank).  So I purchased a used on off of E bay from a reseller.  I set it up just like before but it will not send or receive calls.  Yes I have myself set up as a contact with guardian permission, yes I have updated the software on the watch.  I have deleted and reinstalled the gizmo hub app.  I have updated the ios on my phone (it is an Iphone).  I have tried to call from other contacts phones.  I have called customer support multiple times, gone into the store and gotten nowhere.  The level 2 tech told me that the watch must be broken but it was still under warranty so they sent me a box to mail it back for a warranty claim.  I mailed it back, waited 2 weeks and Verizon literally did nothing to fix the watch.  They mailed the exact same watch back to me with a note saying that the updated the software.  This also was not true because when I connected it to the Gizmo hub again for like the 10th time, it said that the watch needed updated, which I did.  I am pretty unhappy about the situation because I NEED the watch to talk to my son when he is not with me.  Does anyone have any ideas of anything else that I could possibly try?  I know that it is set up right because the texts go through.  When I call it says the Verizon wireless customer you have reached is not available at this time., please try your call again later.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Gizmo won't send or receive calls but texts work

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, michrich1. We're very sorry to hear about the issue that has come up with your son's Gizmo Watch not being able to make or receive calls. We thank you for all of the details that you've shared and we definitely want to make sure that this is resolved in the end. Was there a time when the device was able to make and receive calls since activating it or did this begin when the device was first activated with Verizon Wireless? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes