Highlighted

Gizmo screen goes black when sending text

Temayne

Can't send a text from Gizmo.  Screen is dark grey/black.  Can receive texts and send voice messages.

0 Likes

Re: Gizmo screen goes black when sending text

Community Manager
Community Manager

Making sure you have the ability to stay in contact with your children is extremely important. Can you tell me when this started? Did the device go through any recent changes when you noticed this started? Is there any physical/liquid damage to the device? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes

Aflanary1

My daughter’s watch does the same thing but only to certain contacts. No damage or contact with water. I have two daughters and it happens to both watches but different contacts on each watch. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Aflanary1, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble with the Gizmo screen going black! Let's figure out what's causing this, so your daughter's can enjoy their devices once again. Does it always seem to happen with the same contacts? How long does the screen stay black before coming back? When did you begin having this issue with their devices? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

elh130

My daughter's watch is doing the same thing, but only when she wants to text me, and I am the primary contact. Texting still works for and with her dad, but wont let her send or receive texts from me. When I initially send her a text it will flash across her screen for about 5 seconds, but then the screen goes black again. We have turned it off and on and made sure it was fully charged. There has been no damage or water exposure to the watch. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We would never want your daughter to miss a message from you. When sending a text are you adding any Emoji? Does this happen with every message that you send to her?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes