Highlighted

Gizmo Watch 2 won't hang up a placed call

My son’s Gizmo Watch 2 will not hang up a phone call. He is unable to end any call that was initiated from the watch or answered from a caller.

This is especially concerning because, he is unable to prevent an outgoing call from going to the recipient’s voicemail. As a result, he must wait as long as 5 min before being able to initiate a new call. In an emergency situation, this watch error could be catastrophic.

According to the watch and GizmoHub app, we have the most current version of software. 

Can someone tell me how to address this? I cannot find any information on how to resolve.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Gizmo Watch 2 won't hang up a placed call

Customer Support

Hi Sdwest57, we greatly appreciate your reaching out regarding your concerns with your son's Gizmo watch. We certainly see how this is problematic. Does he experience the same issue on incoming calls? are there any error messages? Is the screen responsive otherwise? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

No, he cannot hang up from a call he's placed nor can he answer a call placed to him. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you so much for sharing that information, we appreciate it. When did this issue start? Is there any liquid or physical damage? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

It started from the beginning.  It's a new watch.  Can you please promptly direct me to a resolution?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you, sdwest57. Is the option to hang up grayed out, or is it just not responsive?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same issue and the option is not available 

Highlighted

I have the same problem. there’s no option. 
this is a problem when call goes to voicemail or she can call somebody.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We do want to make sure that the device is able to hang up when a phone call has ended, Melissumd. I would recommend completing a Factory Data Reset on the Gizmo Watch 2 https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229652/. -KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello, being on top of your GizmoWatch 2 is vital, especially if you are having issues hanging up on a call. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from this issue, any other problems?

0 Likes