Highlighted

Gizmo Watch 2- Charging issue

I bought my son a Gizmo 2 watch in April and within 14 days it stopped charging.  I received a new one a few weeks later and now the second one won't charge either.  I have looked the watch and charger and there does not seem to be any damage.  I am afraid that if he sweats it does something to the sensors on the back which affects the charging ability.   If this is the case then something needs to be done to correct this issue as this is a kids watch and as a parent I want him wearing it all the time.  Please help!!!!!

Highlighted

Re: Gizmo Watch 2- Charging issue

Customer Support

Hello there aclacken. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention as we can understand your concern indeed. You want your child to be able to be seen at all times so it is difficult when the device won't charge for sure. Help has arrived to look into this matter further for you. How long have you had the replacement one before it started having the same charging issue? Will it not charge at all or just when connected a certain way? Does the device get unusually warm when wearing or charging by chance? - CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

My sons watch has this problem too. Is it a problem with the watch or the charger?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am not sure as I am on my second watch but original charger.  It is so frustrating!!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I believe I received the replacement watch in the beginning of July but you should be able to check my records.  The watch just started acting up this past week and it will not charge with either the power outlet or hooked up to a computer to do slow charge.  I have only used the manufacture charger and cord that came with the watch.  I have also tried to reset the watch by pressing the up button 4 times but it will not reset.  Currently there is only 20% battery life so I can't have him leave the house with it.  Please help as I am super frustrated and want this fixed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

ConnieHodge, we always want to make sure that you can get the help needed with your watch. Is the device able to charge with any applicable charger? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

aclacken Sorry to learn you are having issues with the Gizmo Watch. Can you share more details? Exactly what is happening? Have you tried a different outlet or charger?

0 Likes
Highlighted

We are having the EXACT same issue. We bought this watch in May. It worked for about 3 weeks. Then it stopped charging. Contacted Verizon. They sent us a new watch (without a charger). We put the new watch on the initial (may) charger and it charged for 1 week and then stopped. 😞

This is crazy and expensive to have a dead watch. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We are here to aid in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

My children both have the GizmoWatch 2. It's very difficult to get the watches to charge. I am concerned that the charger will stop working eventually and the watches are less than 3 months old.

0 Likes