Highlighted

Getting emergency alerts

Novice

My phone is an ASUS_A009, which I don't find in the list.  My sister, with a different brand of phone has been receiving emergency alerts, but I don't, and I don't see anyplace to change this.  If this isn't the right place to ask, please let me know where I should be asking.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Getting emergency alerts

Novice

I haven't changed anything on my phone, but now I'm getting alerts.  As far as I'm concerned, this thread is closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JOSZEF30 wrote:

My phone is an ASUS_A009, which I don't find in the list.  My sister, with a different brand of phone has been receiving emergency alerts, but I don't, and I don't see anyplace to change this.  If this isn't the right place to ask, please let me know where I should be asking.

Have you looked on the ASUS web site or done a search for 'ASUS A009 phone emergency alerts'?  This might be helpful although a different phone: https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1018567

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

No, but I found where the settings are on my own.  They're all right, but I still don't get any alerts.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We want to make sure that you can receive all of the important alerts. Are emergency alerts the only one you are not receiving? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

As far as I can tell, there haven't been any other alerts, so I don't know.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you, JOSZEF30. Was the emergency alert an Amber Alert or a severe weather alert?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Up here in Trinidad, CO, it might have been either.  All I can say now is that it was almost a month ago.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Wireless Emergency Alerts or (WEA) services are not available on the Zenfone V, which is model name for the A009 model. On other devices that service is available, but you do have options to opt out of the alerts. Does this information help you? ChristopherS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

So what you're saying is, I can go into Settings and configure which alerts to get and which to ignore, but it doesn't matter because I can't actually get any.  I'd love to know who decided that this made any sense whatsoever.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@JOSZEF30 wrote:

So what you're saying is, I can go into Settings and configure which alerts to get and which to ignore, but it doesn't matter because I can't actually get any.  I'd love to know who decided that this made any sense whatsoever.

I think you misread what was said.  They said the A009 does NOT get WEA's, maybe because it is incompatible.  Other devices that are compatible and DO get WEA's might have the option to turn them off or leave on.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes