Highlighted

Fiber optic

I recently purchased a home that doesn’t seem to have an Ethernet jack in the wall but a fiber optical cable (green) coming out of a wall plate. I received the Verizon self install kit but the router they provided only has coax or Ethernet inputs.

I assume I will need a optical modem to bridge the gap. Is this something that Verizon can provide or will I need to go out and find one myself?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Fiber optic

@MikesAway wrote:

I recently purchased a home that doesn’t seem to have an Ethernet jack in the wall but a fiber optical cable (green) coming out of a wall plate. I received the Verizon self install kit but the router they provided only has coax or Ethernet inputs.

I assume I will need a optical modem to bridge the gap. Is this something that Verizon can provide or will I need to go out and find one myself?

What Verizon service are you installing and is the self install kit for that service? What model router was provided? This is the Verizon Wireless Community Forum.  The Verizon FIOS Forum is https://forums.verizon.com .  It could be the previous/original owner had a fiber service that terminated/connected their network connection to that jack.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes