Closing an account of a deceased customer

jayskid

My father passed away and I need to return his phone and close his account. I'm thinking the best way is to visit a store or call. Any one else ever deal with this? Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Closing an account of a deceased customer

MiiHere
Leader

I believe this is the number to the Assumption of Liability department:

(888) 832-4540

If your brother is the account owner on his account, he would need to call and take over just your line. Then you'd need to call Verizon in order to cancel her account.

0 Likes

With malignant, narcisitic, pathological lieing sociopathic felonious demon possessed hacking malicious criminals....it is necessaryto go to a store (assuming u are truthful and not the rogue user group in Raleigh NC that has been trying to throw a Jay (an innocent redeemed forgiven grateful and with a faith that is moving a mountain) under the bus...but really have only ambushed  their own lives or so it says I'm Proverbs 1:18. Sorry to hear about your dad and you want to preserve his legacy by allowing a keylogger or Google open source license holder (which is sophisticate spyware) to take his identity.

0 Likes

I meant u don't want someone to assume his identity....be smart educate yourself and do not trust anyone

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Was he the only one on the account? Or he was the account owner with multiple lines?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi jayskid!

I send my condolences to you and your family! We can save you a trip to the store and assist you here. I will be sending you a Private Message shortly.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

merlyn19

Unfortunately, I am in the same situation.  There are two active lines. One being the account holder and theother being mine as an account manager.  I would like to keep my phone number and add it to my brothers versizon account and close my my deceased  mother's account. 

I would greatly appreciate assistance.

Thank you.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

I believe this is the number to the Assumption of Liability department:

(888) 832-4540

If your brother is the account owner on his account, he would need to call and take over just your line. Then you'd need to call Verizon in order to cancel her account.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

My condolences to you and your family for your loss merlyn19. We understand that htis is a sensitive time and want to offer all the assistance we can to get the account updated per your request. If you can reply to the private message that we sent to you then we can gather some info and make the necessary changes per your request. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

rawsome

Why isn't there detailed information on this important subject on the Verizon website? I've done several searches and come up with everything under the sun except the actual subject I'm looking for! So, so frustrating!   My phone line is on my deceased daughter's account.  She did put me as an authorized manager? But I don't know if that means I have the authority to request the unlocking of phones or transfering my line to another Verizon account.  I just want to find out some detailed information so I know what I'm dealing with BEFORE calling Verizon customer service.  I cannot afford to have my service interrupted while I'm trying to deal with my daughters recent death and handle her affairs. Is that really asking too much?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is the last thing we want you to have to deal with during this time rawsome. My condolences to you and your family. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have here. As an account manager, you have the ability to do anything on the account except: 1. Add, change or delete passwords 2. Add or delete any Account managers. 3. Add global products within the first 90 days of account setup. What make/model phone do you have? All of our 4G phones are already unlocked http://vz.to/1BKUG62 . You can also assume liability of the line if you would like to keep the service. Check this out http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/my-verizon-faqs/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes