Chinese characters on screen

SmithMumford

After about two weeks of leaving my Ellipsis 7 turned off, today I tried to start it and got Chinese characters. Using the volume button to scroll, eventually I got photos of a kitten, a sportscar, daisies, then blank screens in various colors. And a bunch of other images that suggest it's running tests. The device with neither turn off nor boot. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Chinese characters on screen

John_Getzke
Leader

> Using the volume button to scroll, eventually I got photos of a kitten, a sportscar, daisies, then blank screens in various colors

Lol what?  That's a first one for me.  Sounds like a firmware defect.

I would phone it into Verizon for support.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

SmithMumford, I can sense your concern and I don't blame you! This certainly is not something usual. Has anything happened to the tablet such as physical or liquid damage? Please press and hold the Power key with the Volume up and down at the same time for 5-8 seconds. Once you see a logo on the screen, release all keys. Please let us know if this reboots the tablet for you.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

SmithMumford

I tried this solution after letting the battery run out, then recharging the device. When the Android logo showed on screen, I released the two keys. A Chinese menu appeared. Now I can scroll up and down this menu but I cannot turn the device off. It’s stuck.

New solution please? My contract has me paying a monthly fee for another 18 months for a device that isn’t working.

0 Likes

SmithMumford

Update: Somehow, using various key combinations, I just got the device to leave the Chinese menu and shut down, then reboot fully. I’m not sure what worked, but something did.

0 Likes

Kmrosier

I wish I knew what you did because mine is doing the same.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
Kmrosier

I am sorry to hear of the trouble you have had with the characters on your Ellipsis. The very last option in the list is the Reboot option. Once you choose that the tablet should reboot normally. Please let me know once you have tried this
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes