ZAGG screen protector is a complete SCAM!! AVOID!!!!

BREMCI38

I purchased a $35 ZAGG screen protector because I was told by VZ employee it had a "free" lifetime warranty instead of purchasing the same exact thing on Ebay for $3. The protector cracked in two months and VZ fit not stand behind the product, and upon contacting ZAGG I found out that I had to pay $7 shipping and put my credit card on file in case I didn't return the broken unit. Or I could drive to a mall and get one for $10. How is that free? If this protector breaks every two months I'm going to spend $42 a year on shipping plus the original cost of protector. ZAGG has nearly 80 complaints on the better business bureau and they should be avoided like the plague. Shame on Verizon employee for selling me a false bag of goods and shame on ZAGG for being scam artists.

Labels (1)

Re: ZAGG screen protector is a complete SCAM!! AVOID!!!!

Ann154
Power User

The warranty is through ZAGG. The Verizon rep was only repeating the information from ZAGG. I have used their products before and had good luck with them. I did review their warranty policy and it sounds the same as it was at that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

BREMCI38

And your point is what? You clearly work for Verizon and place no blame on the VZ employee for blatantly lying and selling me on a "FREE" lifetime warranty that isn't actually free nor any blame on the ZAGG "FREE" scam. This isn't really a community with VZ employees trolling around.

Ann154
Power User

Do you see a Verizon avatar? A signature denoting my association with VZW? No. You don't. I'm not an employee of Verizon Wireless and I have never been one before.

The ZAGG products purchased from other retailers like Best Buy, Amazon or eBay have the same warranty and the same policy for how the warranty is handled.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sprmankalel
Leader

You clearly did not read the warranty information that came with the product. Had you done so, you would know what the actual details are.

You can't come to a community forum and then harass the members and accuse them of being VZW employees because they tell you something you don't want to hear. That behavior is unacceptable.

Please read the warranty information provided by the product manufacturer.

BREMCI38

Just having a hard time believing you are a random person trolling a VZ complaint forum as it relates to cell phone accessories on a Friday night but maybe thats the case.....  Just to reiterate, my gripe is that I WAS TOLD BY AN AUTHORIZED VERNON RETAILER THAT THIS WAS A FREE UNLIMITED WARRANTY. If I have to pay $10 overtime one breaks its clearly not FREE as promised is it?

BREMCI38

Not sure what you are considering harassment but sorry I hurt your feelings, it was unintentional. If you read my post you would realize that I did not read the warranty, as I WAS PROMISED BY AN AUTHORIZED VZ RETAILER THAT THIS WAS A FREE AND UNLIMITED WARRANTY ​and being as ZAGG charges $10 for each replacement it is not at all FREE, its $10. That is all. Have a great day.

Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

An Authorized Verizon Wireless Retailer NOT at a Verizon store.

This is also NOT a complaint forum. This is a community forum where people help each other NOT attack each other. It was very clear to me that you did not read the warranty information that came with your product. Had you done so, you would not have been on a "complaint forum".

Also, had you read your customer agreement you would have known....

You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives (Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless )

BREMCI38

Just wanted to provide an update form my original January 20th post and inform the VZ community that I am now on my FOURTH screensaver and out $35 on original purchase plus $40 in "FREE" replacements putting me at $75 on the year for the ZAGG screensaver. I've spent more on the "FREE" replacement than on the original product! These screensavers have not held up any better than the much much cheaper versions and I would urge all VZ users to avoid the scam of the ZAGG screensavers at all cost!!!

Pmanlori

have to say I am very dissapointed to find the Zagg is not free replacement as the Verizon rep at the verizon store installed a couple of these on 2 new phones saying telling us the same thing.   No hint whatsoever that there was any cost involved.   Told us that all you had to do was go to their site and fill out some form and they send a new one.   Very deceitful practice and unfortunately we did not question it further at the time as there seemed to be no reason to do it.   All I can say is at least it won't happen again.