Why can I get calls but not text messages on my Fossil smartwatch?

KayLeeTech

I got a gen 4 Explorist fossil watch for Christmas and since then I've been unable to get any text messages on my watch. I can't send them either. I only get the messages/notifications on my phone. But I can get calls on my watch. Is there a setting I'm missing or something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why can I get calls but not text messages on my Fossil smartwatch?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We always want to make sure that your devices are working correctly. Do you know if your Fossil Watch, or your phone, has an update available?

EllisandraC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

KayLeeTech

Neither device have updates pending at this time.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Thank you so much for verifying, KayLeeTech. We certainly want you to enjoy your new Christmas present. Having the watch can be very convenient. Let's figure out why you can't send or receive messages. What make and model phone do you have? Also, what messaging application are you using on the phone?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

KayLeeTech

Samsung Galaxy 8s. And I'm trying to use the Verizon default messaging app. Message+.

0 Likes

JOG0277
Novice

Are you using the Verizon Message Plus App to receive text messages on your smartwatch?...If so...Is the Verizon App actually visible on your watch?

0 Likes

KayLeeTech

That's what I was trying to do, but I can't seem to get the app on my watch.

0 Likes

JOG0277
Novice

The Verizon Message Plus App is No-Longer Compatible with Google's Smartwatch Software, which is the reason why the Verizon App isn't visible on your smartwatch and you're not able to make or receive text messages....Due to this problem, you have ONLY 2 choices:

#1- You can use The Google Message App on your smartwatch.  This App is compatible with your smartwatch software, but you will have to set this app as your DEFAULT Messaging App on your watch and phone in order for it to work.  This means you will no longer be able to use the Verizon App as your messaging App.

#2- If you still wish to continue using the Verizon Messaging App on both your watch and phone;  click on the link below, for a Temporary Solution to your problem.

Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

KayLeeTech, congratulations on your new smart watch. We are thrilled to see your interest in Verizon Messages and we want to ensure that you have the correct expectations about Verizon Messages compatibility on your watch. Help is here. To clarify, are you able to locate the Verizon Messages app on the Play Store of your watch? As our Verizon Messages FAQ confirms, if you are unable to locate the Verizon Messages app within the Play Store, this means that your watch is not currently supported at this time: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#custom Let us know if this helps to clear things up.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

JOG0277
Novice

Just letting you know....That Verizon is aware of this Issue, but for whatever reason they have NO INTEREST in actually solving the problem.  It seems that since Verizon is making the bulk of their smartwatch profits on Apple and Samsung Smartwatch, Sales...They really have no vested interest in solving the compatibility issues with Android Smartwatches....

0 Likes