Re: When will the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch be available?
FRAMEL23

It does not fully work with Moto.  I.just retuned my watch after Verizon could not get mail to.work.and I.could not receive.calls.without bluetooBl to my phone,.I could make calls.just not receive them.  Verizon said that only a smartwatch connected to Samsung phone had a mail.app and there was no way to.add.the app.  Very dissapointed that my Moto phone will not work.  Now the fight is Verizon is charging me a $50 restocking fee for a product that will not work as.sold.

0 Likes
FRAMEL23

My Moto would only receive calla when connected to my phone however I could make calls.

0 Likes
nicolealise
Enthusiast - Level 1

There's a setting for "continual" heart monitoring.

There are 3 different settings.

Continual

Frequent

Never / Manual

0 Likes
LEOVI001

I have been trying for 5 days to get my watch to work as stand alone. Not one rep out of the 10 encountered  can help me. Watch has a separate line, $10 per month. I have been able to connect to Verizon network but when I turn off Blue Tooth  I am asked if I agree to make calls on data plan. I accept, Watch then starts a "preparing" cycle . Never completes whatever it is preparing and I'm left with only able to make emergency calls.

0 Likes
gvanmeter81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine set up fine. Everything is done through the Galaxy Wear app on setup.

0 Likes
datagirl79

Can someone tell me why I can buy the watch online, but not in my local verizon store?  The store employee was no help.  They tried to tell me the ones on display were them, but they were clearly ticketed as the S3.  The employee said there was a clitch with the connectivity and that's why its not in the store yet, but they do not know when it will launch in the store.

Can anyone share any info on these questions?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Hey Guys...Take a look at this Thread below, it seems people are having a hard time getting their New Galaxy SmartWatch (Verizon Version) to connect to LTE as a Stand Alone Device....

Galaxy Watch LTE not connecting to network

Samsung Smartwatch Standalone Version
Maxcarr

Verizon has two methods of using a "Standalone" Samsung Smartwatch one is the previously mentioned method of sharing another account phone number. The watch will work away and without any phones near it. They also can provide a separate Standalone phone number for the watch. 

The problem is that Verizon tech support struggles greatly in setting up this process. it can be done and that is the main purpose of buying the LTE version of a Smartwatch.  

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Smartwatch Standalone Version
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes