Re: When will the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch be available?
Kohld
Contributor - Level 1

Well I did go to Best Buy and purchase the Bluetooth version and I love this watch!

I have not missed the LTE connection and likely will not purchase one until the day they are 100% independent of the phones.

I am easily averaging 2.5 - 3 days on a charge, 42mm version, and find it very comfortable to wear all day and all night, sleep monitoring is excellent, at work/gym/home. I highly recommend reviewing why you want the LTE version to be sure it is worth giving Verizon your money.

0 Likes
DavidRNNV

While I have no specific evidence for why Verizon takes so long to obtain and provide Samsung watches I'm very confident why it is occurring using common sense and understanding greedy capitalistic companies.  Bottom-line we Verizon customer will be the last inline to get the galaxy watch. This is because 1) Samsung is trying to keep as much money for themselves by releasing pre-sales from the Samsung site. and 2) each carrier buys for their right to sell the hot new tech.  TT-Mobile is presumably has a contract with Samsung that takes the least amount off the top from Samsung (or pays Samsung the most), then AT&T (next inline to pay to be the "2nd batter"), and so on, and so forth.

This all means Verizon is leveraging their large customer base will stay with them, rather than pay Samsung for the right to get the galaxy watch higher up in the line up. It is all based on who will either pay the most for the right and/or require the least cost from Samsung. Again, it is solely based on these companies improving their bottom-line, not providing the product universally to all, because they will loose money if they did that.

So if you are like me, you need to decide if you are going to wait for the galaxy watch to come to Verizon (they say by the end of the year, but I would expect it will not be until after Xmas sales and will not be available until after the new year), or just get a competitors if they look just as good.

0 Likes
DODZTER

I agree. I've noticed the T mobile promotion is over. Perhaps by your theory they're ready to move on the the next highest bidder and we're that much closer. Just hurry up an wait.

0 Likes
cchrisgates
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any word on Verizon getting the new Galaxy watch? Samsung keeps "Updating" the GS3 and every time my battery life drops significantly. [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
DAVEKD7KXE

Its available NOW (10-26-18)!!!!!

Just found it on the Verizon site. I'm going to the Verizon Store today!!! I will be going to an actual Verizon Corporate store, not a Authorized Retailer. The place I'm going the employee's work for Verizon itself. I've already talked to my friend that works back east (I live in Wyoming) for Verizon and confirmed that it's available.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm glad Verizon is now selling The LTE Galaxy Watch.  But be careful, just remember that the Integrated Calling Feature within the Verizon Message Plus App is still DISABLED.  So You probably WILL NOT be able to connect to the LTE Network to make calls from your watch as A Stand Alone Device. For those of you that don't know what Integrated Calling is, please see attached link below.  So before everyone runs out and buys this watch, I would contact Verizon and confirm with a Verizon 2nd Line Technician (who knows what he's talking about) ; who can confirm that this new watch can connect to the LTE Network as a Stand Alone Device despite The Integrated Calling Feature being Disabled.

Was Integrated Calling Disabled so that Verizon could establish 5G?

0 Likes
vchat
Enthusiast - Level 3

The LTE Galaxy Watch for Verizon  network also showed up today on samsung.com.  For Sprint network it states standalone voice calling is NOT available it does not state that for Verizon.

0 Likes
DAVEKD7KXE

I don't understand why there us an ass on here saying that the stand alone wint work!!!! S/He CLEARLY doesn't know anything. I have my Verizon version Samsung Galaxy Watch, and before I left the store u set my watch up, and had it connected to Verizon Cellular Network (incidentally it's a "NUMBER SHARE" and it'll cost $10 a month for this). Pay attention......

I turned OFF my phone, not just shut off all wireless, actually powered off my Note 8, and had my Rep call my cellphone #, and also send me a text message. Guess what.......IT WORKED, I GOT IT ON MY WATCH!!!!

So please QUIT spreading LIES!!!!! You have been proven THREE times that you are a LIAR. Once by me, then another poster, and now again by me!!!!!

0 Likes
gvanmeter81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whoever you're talking about is probably referring to the fact that it

won't work without having a voice plan. The very fact that you just said

you had a "phone" shows you do. Cancel your phone's plan and then see if

your watch works "standalone".

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018, 12:27 AM DAVEKD7KXE <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vchat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wouldn't the $10 additional fee for the Galaxy watch provide it own voice/data plan which would make it standalone?.....I say this because i purchased the S3 Frontier Lte watch from T-mobile 2 years ago(Verizon was too slow to get the watch on their network)....My watch functions as a standalone device, it has it own phone number voice/data plan....I forward my Verizon smartphone calls to my watch...it works fine....when i receive a call from my verizon smartphone, both the phone and watch rings and i can answer either one......i dont have to have the smartphone near me to answer the watch....Verizon NumberShare just make it more convenient to share your number with your watch without manually forwarding the calls....

You can purchase the Galaxy Watch on Verizon.com without having a Verizon phone, you just would not take advantage of the Numbershare option.  I would suspect the watch would have its own number....at least i hope it would but then again Verizon is known to do some strange things with their devices....If the watch is not a total standalone on Verizon then i would not want it on their network... 

0 Likes