When will the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch be available?
MJDuma

When is Verizon getting the LTE enabled version of the new Samsung Galaxy Watch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will the LTE version of the Galaxy Watch be available?
BADBOYMIKE2020

Seriously,  We would like to know. When I reached out to a rep, they stated: "We are currently working on a special promotion for the watch." That's all the info i got.

0 Likes
cchrisgates
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spent a great deal of time in this forum about 2 years ago. When the Gear S3 was released I waited (not so patiently) for the Verizon version. It was release around Thanksgiving and verizon did not get it until about June the next year. I gave up waiting in February and got the T-Mobile version. It works well, although the call forwarding gets a bit clunky. I will not wait as long this time. I am holding out hope for the Verizon version (it's just simpler), but I will not wait 3 months like I did last time. I get benefits with T-Mobile which is nice: Free internet on planes, just got hooked up with Pandora free for a year, other free stuff throughout the year. Give us a date. Please. How about an era. Anything. Please.

0 Likes
BADBOYMIKE2020

The tmobile LTE worked with a verizon smartphone?

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

It depends if the device was designed from the Manufacturer to work on Both T-Mobile/GSM Network and Verizon/CDMA Network (which most newer smartwatches are).   I have the LG Watch Sport, and my watch is compatible with both Netwotks.  AT&T and T-mobile are both GSM Network devices and according to this Thread a T-mobile LTE Smartwatch cannot be used on the Verizon Network.

Can I Activate An AT&T Samsung Gear S3 LTE On Verizon?

0 Likes
cchrisgates
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. The T-Mobile works with a Verizon phone. I have a line with T-mobile (~15/mo.) and I have my normal phone plan with Verizon. The calling feature is really just a call forward. It does not seem to be as seamless as it would be if both devices were on the same network, but it has been great. Verizon must not be getting it for awhile or they would be giving us some hope. It looks like the best option again is T-mobile. Which I do appreciate the free WiFi on Alaska Airlines (I travel every week, so this is a huge cost savings) plus with T-Mobile Tuesdays, they offer all kinds of free stuff. Last week was Pandora unlimited free for one year. Sometimes its MLB online free, or free Papa Johns Pizza. I would prefer the convenience of one carrier, but I also want the new Galaxy Watch.

0 Likes
gvanmeter81
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the new Galaxy Watch does not work on TMobile as a standalone device without having a T-Mobile voice plan. I know because I just bought one and found out the hard way. Gear S3 may work, but not the new Galaxy Watch. TMobile also told me that this watch was unable to be unlocked.

0 Likes
gvanmeter81
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it doesn't... I tried...took 3 days to figure out. I'm returning it tomorrow.

0 Likes
vchat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, i remember that fiasco with the Frontier S3 almost two years ago.  I too got tired of waiting for Verizon to release it, so i purchased it from T-mobile.  Everything is working out fine, i just forward my verizon number to the t-moble s3 watch...Plus i read the new version called the Frontier Galaxy watch has lost some of functionality...so i will not be upgrading...

I am not upgrading any of my devices until the 5g network is completed and operating in my location.  Why purchase a new 4g capable device when 5g is just around the corner....

0 Likes
RYAHAY50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also waiting on the answer to this. Moving from the iPhone X and Apple Watch to the Note 9 and Galaxy Watch (if and when it ever arrives on Verizon). I won't wait long.

0 Likes