Highlighted

Re: When will the Gear S2 3G get the new firmware update?

I came here looking for the same answer. I just bought the S2 today because of the promised sleep tracker that is in the newest update. If I have to wait a month, I might as well return this one and buy the S3 when it is announced.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Another two weeks, and still no update?!

What could possibly be the hold up?

Other variations have updated. It really can't be that tough.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Agreed, I am going to drop service, half the reason for service it to get the updates.  with the Gear S3 we can get GPS and updates (when they come out) without paying monthly...

Highlighted

Novice

Can anyone tell me,  do the updates for the gear S2 come from Verizon or directly from Samsung?

The developers make changes, fix things and add features and then somebody thinks "nah, no need to pass this along"

Is this how it works?!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I bought the S2 in December and paid full price so I was not on a contract.  I canceled Verizon service to the watch in February and the March update came out from Samsung and Verizon shortly after.  I tried to update the watch but i would just say non available.  I restarted the Verizon service in June and walla, it updated...  I asked the the phone rep and that said the watch will not get updates without paid service.  So, moral of the story is updates only come from Verizon and we have to wait...totally bogus.  I will cancel service again and sell the watch as soon as the S3 non cellular is available.

0 Likes
Highlighted

How's Life?

Just had chat session with Samsung who said the 3G versions of Gear S2 have to get their update from Carrier Smiley Sad

I guess as usual, Verizon will be six months to a year after everyone else Smiley Sad  the Gear S3 will be out before Verizon releases the update?!?!?

I used to be able to say that Verizon was the only option with the best coverage, after we moved that is no longer the case.  May be time to switch carriers after 15+ years Smiley Sad

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just here to follow. Still no update on my side. Actually when checking for update it say registration failed. Hope that's not a problem

0 Likes
Highlighted

my Gear App on my Note 3 updated today, 5 min before the launch event for the new Gear S3's

0 Likes
Highlighted

Attempted to configure the SOS feature that shows up in the Gear Manager on my Note 3 but, tapping the home button three times on the watch does nothing.

Samsung Chat says even tho it shows up on the Gear Manager on the phone, Verizon has to push out the firmware to enable it on the 3g model

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Here it is September and still nothing from Verizon, when the update was released by Samsung back in July.  It is really speaking volumes to me, that there has been no response from Verizon on this forum as they do on other device forums.  Starting to look like they have stopped all support for this device in order to get people to buy the Gear S3 when they start to carry it.

0 Likes