Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Too late my wife is now adamant on us jumping ship and going to At&t

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

that's great!  How does that work?  Does the watch have it's own number?  Or do you only port a number to it?  How much data is that plan?  This is promising, if I don't hear from Verizon by Friday, I'm going to get the T-Mobile version, unless AT&T has a similar or better offer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The mobile plan is 15 a month, the device payment for the watch is 16.70 a month total cost of 399. you will probably have a mobile number on it. It probably will not make calls from your phone unless connected via Bluetooth. the lte version is useless unless thru the same provider as your phone unless you want to connect via Bluetooth. But then why get the lte version at all. if you buy it outright Verizon said they may be able to connect it to their network but said to get the imei number and check comparability first. And att has no stand alone plan for the watch you would pay 17 device payment and 30 or 50 a month for the plan.  if you decide to try and take an att or tmobile version to Verizon i would be interested to know if it works

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is incorrect. Once you pair your devices to the gear manager on your phone you will be able to connect to it via LTE or Bluetooth doesn't matter which carrier either of devices are on just like when you connect to it via wifi. And just like the gear s2 call forwarding will still work. you can transfer calls from your current cell phone to a LAN line right? And the only ones with number sync is AT&T so unless you're moving everything to AT&T that is a mute subject

0 Likes
Highlighted

Well I'm glad to be wrong on that.

0 Likes
Highlighted

You would have a mobile number that you can call and text from and connect to LTE via T-Mobile. Whether you get it through T-Mobile or you get it through Verizon all the functionality will be the same other then the coverage in your area for each provider. the only one that would be different is AT&T because they have there own proprietary number sync function

Highlighted

Novice

That sounds good. I think the functionality should be the same as the whole remote connection process works through Samsung servers, which is why it works over wifi as well. But I am curious whether you will have an issue when you try to activate the watch initially after pairing it through Gear Manager on a VZW device. It would not surprise me in the least if VZW planted some limitation there somehow. Please let us know when you set it up what happens.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

The T-Mobile line is 20 a month unless you sign up for autopay. You also have to pay 20 for the SIM card. Also the data speed is 512kb. Just a fyi.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If the sim is extra does that mean it's removable?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ordered mine from tmobile today!! Payment plan unlimited data 16 bucks

m9nth nothing down!!!

0 Likes