Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Novice

For now it's a subculture. I don't go about soliciting remarks yet every time I have used Samsung Pay with my Bluetooth Frontier someone's made a comment/observation and these folks have been genuinely and politely inquisitive or quite awed by the thing. I does seem a bit 'old fashioned' to still have to enter my PIN but we don't want to make it too easy for those who'd seek to defraud.

Highlighted

Firstly, thank you kyledvictor for explaining that the gear s3 frontier verizon variant disappeared from the support page. It was never offered on the sales page at anytime. Only t-mobile and at&t were options for purchase as well as Bluetooth devices.

Secondly, In response to horizonjob, In my opinion verizon will not sell the gear s3 frontier or classic Bluetooth edition because that is bestbuy's turf. Verizon will not offer employee discounts as these are devices not accessories. And support is better for the consumer at a bestbuy because of the Samsung satellite employees onsite.

Finally, as a previous owner of a gear s2 3g on verizon ( I just sold it in preparation for a gear s3 frontier LTE on verizon), I personally see no purpose for a Bluetooth smartwatch. To have to carry and charge 2 devices constantly doesn't seem very efficient to me. Just my opinion. My purpose of a gear s3 frontier 4g LTE is so that I don't need 2 devices, just one. That has been my experience with the gear s2 3g. So if sales of the Frontier or Classic Bluetooth haven't historically sold well it makes perfect sense to me.

And lastly, (I'm not an apple hater, they make great products), I see no reason why on the second iteration of the apple watch they gave their customers no option to buy a 3g or 4g standalone smartwatch. And that might be one of the main reasons why sales are so poor for Apple in regards to that product. That plus the price point. Once again just my view.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I smiled; clamoring for phones then wanting to leave them on the dresser at home; now that's esoteric.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Verizon dose offer the discount on them. Or that's what I was told anyways

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I generally agree with Wilnar6.  Unless they just like to troll, I don't understand why people who are dismissive of the value of a standalone watch are writing in this forum. I have been using a standalone device since the Gear S came out. For $5 a month on VZW (or $10 on others), being able to stay connected and message and talk is totally worth it. People spend more than that on a single coffee, not mention paying hundreds monthly for cell service and /or television/Internet. Before the Gear S, I was using an LG Watch. While it was a novelty, I ended up going back to a normal watch after a couple of months because of the limited functionality, battery and BT connection requirement. 

With all the articles questioning the value of smartwatches, quoting people who have out their watches away, the answer is obvious. When the watch must be connected by BT to do anything meaningful besides telling time, the value of spending hundreds (or thousands for certain Apple watches) just to avoid reaching into your pocket is simply not there. Now, when I go to the gym or take a walk or go to the store, I choose to leave my phone behind. And since the S2 3g and S3 easily last more than a day with a couple of hours a day of standalone use, never worrying about recharging during the day (which I still have to do with my S7 edge) is also worth it.

0 Likes

When I bought my gear s2 3g from verizon they would not discount it, they told me it's a device not an accessory. Probably because it requires a monthly fee ($5).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I was told on chat I would get 22% off. It it's not an accessory why is it under accessories lol

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think on a chat they will say almost anything. Any product that has a phone number attached to it is a device, it requires data(plan) and a revolving monthly fee. Sound right to you?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I totally agree that the Bluetooth version of the S3 is a TOTAL waste of money. If Verizon doesn't come out with the 4G LTE I'll just skip it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Can't say I agree at all. Samsung Pay, discreet notifications, media

control on my phone without having to dig it out, in-a-pinch speakerphone

... nevermind the step/sleep tracking and health monitoring. I had a Pebble

Steel for almost two years and, while I found it useful, it doesn't hold a

candle to the S3.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 8:35 PM, ROGERBREVARD <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes