Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Update...As of right now (1:28pm eastern time zone), the Samsung.com site does NOT have a listing for the Gear S3 Frontier LTE Verizon variant. Its gone.  Could it be they are reprograming the page? Could it be something more sinister? One can only contemplate. The mystery continues............

0 Likes
Highlighted

So turn in next time for the continuing

drama of "As the S3 Turns"

cue creepy organ exit

And.... Cut.... Print.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

The gear s3 Verizon support page has been down for a few days down. Its not removed just temporarily unavailable

0 Likes
Highlighted

Samsung DOES have the listing page for the Gear S3 Frontier LTE and it does not mention any particular "variant" until you go to buy it and then it correctly lists the 2 carriers AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon does not carry the watch right now and there is no logical reason to list them. So False alarm, means nothing. Here is their working web page for the S3 in all it's function variants applicable to whatever carrier:

Samsung Gear S3 Smart Watch | Samsung US

0 Likes

Novice

He's not referring to the purchase page. On the support page there was a listing for the Verizon gear s3 LTE but that was temporarily taken down a few days ago

0 Likes
Highlighted

I spoke with a Verizon Rep not too long ago about the gear S3.  I was told the version that will be coming to Verizon is going to be a Bluetooth version only and it will be out in January. If I stick with Verizon I don't want a Bluetooth only device.  I would like something I can run with that I don't have to bring my phone with me.  The reason why I want the LTE version.  I'd be willing to fork out about $10 a month to stay safe on the roads.  I'd be left without having communication which is very nice with the way crime is anymore.

Switching company's is the hard part.  I used to have AT&T.  It was great but had a bunch a dropped calls and bad customer service. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that AT&T has given me an offer I can't refuse.  Worse come to worse, I can always come back to Verizon or give AT&T a try and if I really don't like it just send it back. I'm a directv customer so that helps in a way with AT&T.

Again, like everyone else says it is the not knowing that is driving me crazy.   I'd be willing to wait if I knew how long I was waiting for. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I think the only way VZW will change its conduct is if 1) customers start leaving as competitors close the network quality gap and 2) OEMs like Samsung start treating carriers like Apple does - if you touch my product or screw with my uodates, you don't get it

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, the lack of information is what is infuriating. I just went on a VZW chat and it was pretty worthless, leaving me no more informed than before the call.

To be clear, my overall company has over 100,000 employees. I had our internal telecom manager speak with our national account manager at VZW, who obviously wants to be responsive and inquired of the VZW people who really ought to know. That's how he came back with the mid-1Q certification response.

PCMag did a 2016 "best cellular network" testing nationwide. I checked in Boston, Phoenix, and D.C. - places I go to generally, as well as a few other locations, and the big winner - for these areas - was generally T-Mobile. Verizon did better in D.C./N. VA. AT&T lagged. I've thought about the different carrier options, but I just can't see going to a network that may not be up to the task of sending/receiving from/to a tiny antenna in a wristwatch (AT&T) or, even for the security of having a phone on my wrist, paying the $20/mo. that T-Mobile wants if you don't already have an account there. Nor do I see moving five different devices (the family's iPhones and iPads) over to another carrier just to save a few bucks, enduring the hassle of the change, not to mention if there are dropped calls.

Lastly, I thought about getting an LTE Jetpack to provide connectivity for the BT version of the watch, but that lacks the coolness factory and is just another device to lug around and a charge for that device.

I don't know why VZW would sell a BT-only device. It's not the kind of peripheral they would normally carry (i.e., it's not quite a BT speaker or headset) and they're missing out on monthly revenue, which is their bread and butter (and why carriers discount or even give away smartphones). You never know, though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It'll save me a monthly fee from Verizon (currently charged for my original Samsung Gear S) if they don't field a cell version of the phone.  I'll have to wait until the Bluetooth Gear S3 is no longer "sold out" but I'd replace my Verizon Samsung Gear S with a Bluetooth only Gear S3 if the Verizon cell version isn't released soon.

Truthfully, other than for geeky people like myself, is there really that big a market for a cellular watch?  Other than all the readers on this forum? 

The phones ​are​ sold out from BestBuy.

Highlighted

Maybe Not Chukker! 

Here is to those of us who make up that market where $5/$10 dollars a month is worth making sure your Hi-tech watch doesn't become an ornament when away from your phone.

After 32 days, I'm very glad I jumped ship on day 1.  Verizon's strategy of not being upfront with their customers was probably in hopes that those of us who value this product would stick around and expect a short wait.

POLL:  If you knew back in Nov. 18 that the GS3 would not be available in Verizon until Spring 2017, would you have jumped ship too?

If you would have, yet you haven't ...there's your answer...that's what verizon is trying to accomplish by being vague.

0 Likes