Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Novice

so i asked a vezion rep about the gear s2 and s2 classic 3g in chat today since its no longer listed on the website and was told at this time they are no longer carrying them and she had no info on the gear s3

0 Likes
Highlighted

Either they are having a falling out with Samsung or the gear s3 is going to drop this weeked

0 Likes
Highlighted

They will pull a Beyonce and drop it out of nowhere lol

0 Likes
Highlighted

If what the verizon rep said is true, then there must have been some sort of falling out between the two companies.  I mean I'm no expert, but wouldn't they have had people testing the Gear S3 on the various networks and one would assume that they would have caught this fairly early in the testing process.  If it is indeed dropping in January we should start hearing some rumors in a week or so, but then again with the way the release has been handled so far, it may just show up on their website one day with no press release.  I'll give verizon until the new year before I switch.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I can't see how this would work on SmartWatches, and it hasn't been done with them yet...but could this be Verizon trying to force their bloatware onto the GS3?  The rep said it was a software issue and not a hardware issue as we've been speculating.

My GS3 has an imbedded Numbersync setting, so I know that carrier specific software is used.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Samsung isn't particularly happy about Verizon's announcement that they're not going to pull the plug (i.e. disable) the Note 7 before the new year. This could be the fly in the ointment that is preventing the S3 from being offered; Samsung is just holding it back as leverage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

well both gear s2 3gs where on back order but you could still buy them and they would ship on December 12th is what the website said.  now they just are not even offering them which makes me have to kinda scratch my head some as att still offers the gear s2 on there website.  im hoping this is not a falling out between verizon and Samsung.  If so I will defiantly be switching my cell phone provider than 

0 Likes
Highlighted

The support page on Samsung for the Verizon model has been taken down.  So either there has been a falling out or both companies got fed up with the customers requests......I can speculate that it looks like Verizon might not carry the S3 but I don't want to imply anything.  It could be just a delay with the software.  Notice, no other CDMA carriers are offering the LTE version.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

well it almost sounds like there may be a falling out now which really wouldn't surprise me with Verizon not releasing the note 7 update to disable the phone for safety reasons.  this may not be looking good now

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't understand why a completely different product would affect a new product. This emotional rollercoaster is driving me krazy! I just want the watch, not the drama!

0 Likes