Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Yup online or by telephone we have 20 days   Come on Verizon!!

Highlighted

This is for all those who have purchased the T-Mobile version or is contemplating adding on the t-mobile model. From my calculations, I only see a $10 difference in having T-mobile as my watch carrier rather than Verizon.  If I waited for Verizon to decide when or if they are going to carry the S3 (by the way its a logistical issue between cdma vs gms, NOT Verizon simply choosing to ignore),1) I would have to pay the whole cost of the watch up front while T-Mobile lets me do installments, 2) I would have a separate number for my watch no matter the carrier, 3) In standalone feature (while not on wifi or bt, I will be using my second number to call from or text from; therefore, doesn't matter who the carrier is......So unless I am missing something and you have area coverage with both carriers and don't mind the $10 difference, does it really matter that my watch is through T-Mobile and that my cell is through Verizon?  I have 3 days left on the trial period with T-Mobile and I am trying to see the whole picture before I am locked in with a 2yr contract.

Highlighted

Everything you said is correct as long tmobile has you covered as far as service..the only thing you might have wrong is 2 yr contract with tmobile?? As I understand it after watch is paid off you are free to terminate service. The is no contract with just the wearable plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Sounds interesting. Do you elect call-forwarding through your Verizon phone to the watch? I'm trying to imagine a situation where I'd be without my phone for an extended period which would make the LTE-enabled watch a more valuable tool. I recently left my home for a couple of hours and I forgot to bring either of the two phones that I have with Verizon; a rarity at that as I can't recall the last time I went anywhere without my phone in over 16 years. I have the Bluetooth Frontier which is as nice and practical a smartwatch as they presently are.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Just so I am fully understanding this 100% correct before I make a t mobile purchase when i have my phone on me and its on am i using my phones service or am I using t mobiles because I do go to some places that j have service on my phone and I am sure t mobile wouldn't.  Also the watch when my phone is on and within range it will send texts from my cell phone number. The only time a different number would be used was if my phone was died or out of range for blue tooth and this would also be the same if I had a verzion version?  I have a Verizon tablet it has its own number but sends texts from my cell number so I figured the watch would be the same but that's no so if I am reading correctly. Sorry for the questions just want to fully understand it before I pull the trigger!

0 Likes
Highlighted

when you aren in bluetooth range you will use your verizon min and data it's simply a bluetother device. When your phone is ON and you are outside of bluetooth it switches to what is called Extended network and you still use verizon min and data. You must download the Samsung app. All your text and calls go through this app. When in standalone you use tmobile data calls are placed using data. Search verizon gear s3 on you tube there is video that describes it perfectly. BTW  you will have 20 days to try it out if you order online or call to order.. if you buy from store it's 12 days I believe. Upfront you pay taxes and 20 activation comes to about 41 dollars.  I will say this you must have STONG signal for watch to connect. I don't know why but I have 4 bars and no data transfer. They are upgrading my tower now suppose fix problem by end month if not it's going back l.. Just FYI

0 Likes
Highlighted

I still can not believe we do not have any information from Verizon.  This is getting beyond frustrating.. I am going to T-Mobile this weekend, unless they give us some information.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I feel your pain to but if you gonna make the move just do it!

Not trying to be disrespectful but vzw dont see us they see numbers rise and drop they'll get off there [removed],with than answer at some point but by then most people will have a different route. Me im waiting until January and im still doing coverage research because i live in a some what rural area but best believe when i have it figured out I'll have my watch one way or another.

And VERIZON yall lazy as [removed], lame as [removed], to any time you got T-Mobile making diss commercials about your data not 1 but atleast 2 or 3 and all were funny as [removed].

How many of yall remember the "can you hear me now verizon guy?" Well he's now doing sprint commercials and dissin yall too. At&t and Tmobile are closing in better take note and get off yall [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Neither T-Mobile nor AT&T provide reasonable coverage for the areas I spend most of my time in. I decided to simply go with the BT version of the Frontier, and haven't regretted it one bit  (got it via Samsung's BF sale @ $299; ordered 11/20, received 12/2).

If, at some point, I feel too tethered by having to carry my S7 Edge with me, I'll look into Verizon's version with LTE and either sell or gift the BT model. And if VZW carries the LTE version of the Classic, I just may get that instead and keep the BT Frontier for "Casual Fridays" Smiley Happy

Note: I work from home, so "Casual Fridays" just means I stay in my bathrobe until noon or so ...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

i did watch the video as i was the one that posted it but i just wanted to make sure i fully understood because this is going to be my first watch purchase.  i was under the understanding that if i had a verizon watch that once it was in standalone mode that i could still use the watch with my number not the devices number but it seems that i didnt fully understand that so t mobile now seems to be a better option since they offer device payment on it and they are only an extra 5$ a month more that verizon for a wearable plan so it looks like that is the way i am personally going to go.  its sad it has now been 3 weeks since the release of the gear s3 and verizon has NO info at all and made no attempt at all to do something.  i dont see it being released this year this close to Christmas even if they have them right now.  looks like i am going to t mobile for a watch and i will be sure to let the person that i am working with at verizon to solve a issue i am having right now that i am doing so.  looks like verizon is going to lose out on $640 of my business as well as a few other people in here

0 Likes