Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Novice

November 18th has come and gone.  AT&T and T Mobile have both released the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE and yet nothing from Verizon.  No surprise here, and it may be for the best since they have sucked with the updates for the Samsung Gear S2.  I can't believe more people aren't frustrated with the constant lack of communication from Verizon.  Way to go Big Red- you guys are just awesome!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Was in a big Verizon store today where the reps are usually pretty knowledgeable.  I asked one, he went away for 15 minutes, came back and said he was told January by whomever he checked in with.  No idea how credible this is, just another data point in the enigma called the Gear S3...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

So Samsung hasn't released the watvh on ANY cdma carrier yet this is a Verizon issue. Really? How is that a carrier problem and why are they getting the blame?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello:

New here and not a techy, but have high-level techy Verizon access through a friend that handles all the cell phone related technology for large public companies.  He has been through lots of similar situations.

His take on this RELEASE DATE ISSUE is simple.

"The decisionmakers that control the process have chosen to remain silent and we will simply have to wait."  "All of our attempts to get information that will disclose a DATE or the cause for the delay will be fruitless UNTIL it happens."

Patience or switch.  No alternatives. 

Respectfully.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't think people have a problem waiting, but it's the fact that Verizon won't even confirm that they are in fact going to carry it.  They don't even have to give a specific date.  Heck just give a year and people will then be able to decide if they want to wait. I don't personally care if they say sometime in 2017, at least it's something.  By not disclosing anything, just makes it look like they are hiding something.  All people want is to be able to make an informed decision in regards to switching carriers and for the holiday shopping season.  In the end the consumer really isn't asking for much here.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

None of the CDMA carriers know when the watch is coming for them. It's NOT a Verizon issue; it's Samsung but oh no no one wants to accuse them of fault it's just the carrier. Licensing and regulation go into it as well as cost and if they dont wanna pay to go on a network they don't have to. But people wanna blame their carrier when it's really the distributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks, so much:

I "need" the stand-alone feature because I am prohibited from carrying a cellphone, but can wear a smartwatch.  The  [Removed] that made that ruling for "sensitive" spaces where I sometimes operate in digital isolation don't yet appreciate the power of one.

Reading between the lines during three weeks of poking into your very point with other Verizon and AT&T contacts, including family members that have proven themselves to be especially informed/connected (pardon the pun) and accurate in the past, leads me to conclude mid-January, 2017.

My life revolved around making accurate predictions, often involving even what would today be classified as enormous amounts of money and critical strategic positioning upwards of 48 months out.  Someone said: The secret of predicting is to predict often.  The other side of that axiom for me is to always have a wise woman present when the predictor speaks.  The numbers always seem to fit, but most women can smell sin over the phone.  Men cannot!  As with most situations, this one is not what it seems to be.  I see it as another test of, in this case, patience.

All the best.

Kevin

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ageed, but I believe Verizon is aware. My contacts continue to say "mid-Jan, 2017".

They have been accurate in other similar "vague/conflicted" situations in the past.

I will just have to be patient. Tx.

Kevin

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello:

Still learning how this Forum operates.

Just for the record, the word *****'d out above was NOT a bad word or profanity.  Tx.

Respectfully

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon is a company with a PR issue regarding this product, it is not some person that needs a white knight to defend them against hurt feelings.  Every post you have typed in this thread comes off as hateful and dismissive.   I am unsubscribed to this thread, so don't bother responding to me specifically.  It is closed issue in my case.

People are Christmas shopping and when the Bluetooth only device comes available, they want to know whether to purchase it in that short window (what I did), obtain it on another carrier (what some have done), or let it pass and wait for the one that is supported by their current carrier.... and yes, it is the carriers prerogative to announce support, not Samsung, just like any other carrier specific marketing, regional availability, software updates, or prices are set by the carrier and not the manufacturer.  Any word on whether it is coming soon, later, or never will help people in their decisions.