Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Novice

I was hoping for a cyber Monday deal. ..alas,no.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have been with Verizon for over 10 years. That is about to change. If I do not hear anything about gear s3 samsung watch at the end of the month. I will move to ATT with is very top notch with the new technology. I have at least 6 members in my account. I think you will lose 10 years loyal 6 customers to AT&T. Thank you very much for caring your customer Verizon.

Highlighted

Despite Verizon's gross failure to communicate anything about the future availability of the Gear S3, I think the most relevant comment I have seen is about GSM vs CDMA.  Sprint is not marketing the Gear S3 either.  Therefore, it would seem that the CDMA version is not available yet.  Shame on us for sticking with Verizon and their CDMA system, when the world has converted to GSM.  I don't have the time to check to see if Sprint has communicated an availability date for their customers, but that could give us Verizon users an idea.

Switch to Tmobile or Att if you want, but I will wait for the Verizon version to arrive.  Like all of us who crave new technology (proven by us posting on a bulletin board that consistently goes unanswered by Verizon), I really want this watch, but my life will go on without it.  IF you guys are old enough, think back to when we didn't have cell phones and the most technological wearable you could own was a Casio Calculator Watch.  We survived then too.

Verizon has the best coverage in the areas I frequent.  Having a Tmobile or Att watch won't do me much good if there is no coverage for those systems where I live.

Best to all.  The watch will arrive.  I just hope it is available for Christmas.

Highlighted

That is the best approach.  Everyone's situation is different.  I would have waited if I knew a date (even if very delayed).  I'm glad I switched due to the coverage in the places I frequent, but I could very well have regretted it.  Everyone needs to be concerned about their individual situation.

As for the argument of phones not being available not long ago I partially agree; they weren't available anywhere.  I'm sure you wouldn't still be waiting to adopt cell phone technology just because your local hardware store never got around to selling them.  At some point in time you go where the tech goes.

After 10 days, I maintain that the GS3 is a Beast!  All apps, functions, battery, connection, service, is a huge step above the GS2 (I used one for a year until Nov. 18).  The "always on" mode has a lot more flexibility, making this a "real all time" watch.  Warning, you may spend a lot of time trying to personalize the watch face, yet may inevitably return to the awesome standard Chronograph+ GS3 face.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just checked the FCC website.  Under FCC grant A3LSMR765U, the test report covers models SM-R765T and SM-R765A.  Model SM-765S (Sprint under your theory?) is covered under grant A3LSMR765KOR, which also covers SM-R765K and RM-765L.  I suspect the KOR is for Korea since the label has additional Asian printing on it.

No grant covering model RM-765V, although the model is reference and isn't critical for FCC grants.  I read somewhere that Verizon uses Band 13; none of the grants cover this band.

One other interesting item I saw is there is a cellular version of the S3 classic approved (Just got issued 11/10, the other models got approval beginning of September).  The model is SM-R775S on the test report.

So if your theory holds, maybe the hold up is Verizon waiting for Samsung to support 700MHz.

0 Likes
Highlighted

For me it will probably come down to whether I see the Bluetooth only version available.  If I see it, I will just turn off my Gear S verizon account and go Bluetooth only this go around. 

I might change my mind and wait if they announce a date that isn't more than a month or two down the line.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Went to T-Mobile store today. Compared the GS3 to my GS2 Classic 3g. The GS3 is actually a bit slimmer than the GS2 3g. For all the talk about the GS3 being so large, it looked smaller than the Urbane 2d Edition LTE and no bigger than ordinary sportswatches. Love the bigger display. Even though it is only 0.1 inches wider, the difference is noticeable. The new stock watchfaces finally include one that lets you show weather, heart rate, steps and battery complications on one face. I do like the thought that T-Mobile's works on GSM for foreign travel. Going to wait until 12/31 or so to see if VZW comes out with it and what the price is. If VZW jacks the price like it did with the Urbane 2d Edition LTE, I will go the T-Mobile route.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I hate to say this but in with Christmas being under a month away now I don't think there will be a release this year let alone a release date this year as well because of Christmas.  Also I will bet good money it will be a higher price on Verizon. Both AT&T and T Mobile are already cheaper on both s2s an the fact that Verizon makes us pay upfront I'm sure they will try to get the most money...... For a product with a late release no the less unfortunately

0 Likes
Highlighted

Was able to order the Bluetooth only version through BestBuy today, I will just go without the LTE this go around and cancel my current plan I have on my Gear S.

This is good news for everyone else, because whenever I pull the trigger on something, it is usually announced next day!  Good luck!

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Mihos wrote:

This is good news for everyone else, because whenever I pull the trigger on something, it is usually announced next day! Good luck!

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Likes