Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Expert

Did you ever consider that Samsung hasn't sent the Verizon model through the FCC certification yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My guess it has something to do with the CDMA/LTE versions because no CDMA carrier (Sprint or US Cellular) has released the Gear S3 LTE.  Only GSM carriers have released the S3.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Which boggles my mind as to why everyone is accusing Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My hope is that maybe verizon is working with samsung on some sort of numbersync type deal, but I tend to think that there is some technical issue the two sides are trying to work out.  Why it is taking this long I'm not sure. I tried to get verizon and samsung to at least say they would have it by 2017 or 2018 but that was of no use. You would think that samsung has already produced watches for verizon and they're just sitting in a warehouse somewhere.   If they haven't even started producing them yet then we will be waiting for a while to get it.  Black Friday would appear to be out and at this point Christmas seems unlikely.  Usually you start hearing reports a couple weeks in advance of release from varying sources.  In the end it's all very strange and doesn't make much sense. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Actually it's 3 major CDMA carriers plus rural carriers that Sammy has not made or released this watch for yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted

What is concerning is that not one CDMA carrier has a release date or any updates...not one of them!

That leads me to believe this is a Samsung problem and Samsung is not providing any updates to CDMA carriers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

The odd part is that VZW already has put out the Gear S2 3g,which is also CDMA. Perhaps an LTE/CDMA handoff issue. The isn't the first time VZW has come out with a Samsung product after everyone else (Gear S and S2).  And some have been made and never distributed by VZW. I am typing this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE, which is model SM-T707V (V for Verizon)  and specific to VZW LTE bands. For some reason, Verizon never formally put it on sale (probably because it did not want competition with its crappy Ellipsis tablets). Some of the VZW reseller stores (not corporate stores) sold a few, but the rest got bulk sold through Best Buy and eBay.  Weird thing is, it actually got a model-specific Marshmallow update a few weeks ago.

VZW has always been the toughest and slowest with OEM products and updates. Only the market power of the iPhone made it give up controls of releases and updates.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I never accused verizon of anything other than not being forthcoming with their customers (of which they're guilty).

Beyond that, if you don't have the product I want in your store, I go next door...no accusations. 

Highlighted

Leader

So the Verizon Sprint UsCC and rural carriers  guilty of not disclosing information they know nothing about?!

0 Likes
Highlighted

How do you know they don't know?

So sure... Samsung releases their newest product only with V's two main competitors and they know nothing? 

Now you're just drinking the kool-aid...

They know that they don't want you to know...And in many cases, also that you will believe whatever they say.

But again, no blame.  I simply went next door where they had the product I wanted.  It's not ''punishment'' ... Just basic marketing

0 Likes