Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

Leader

A MUST?! Wow

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

You actually do make calls from the phone's number with the Gear S2 3g when the two devices share a "remote cinnection' through Gear Manager. That way people who receives calls or messages from the watch see and respond through the phone's number. Call forwarding also works well. With AT&T and T-Mobile,  call forwarding can be set to activate automatically when the BT connection drops. Not with the VZW version. You have to manually set the calls to forward and un-forward from the phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

That is not what I have seen on my S2. Whether connected remotely via a Samsung phone or a non-Samsung phone, ALL calls initiating from my S2 via cellular and not a bluetooth connection with my phone show as originating from my watch's phone number.

As to call forwarding, I have my phone set to ALWAYS automatically forward to my watch when not answered or rejected. I have my watch set to automatically forward to Google Voice when not answered or rejected. That way, I only have to set up 1 voicemail box instead of 2 OR I forget to forward calls to to my watch when I don't have my phone on me. This gets around the restriction about manual only call forwarding available on the VZW version. Of course, this does not get around the 2nd number showing up on the callers screen when initiating a call remotely from the phone on the watch.

I have seen articles stating the AT&T version has the capability of having 1 number for the watch remotely from the phone and the phone itself, but I have not seen any indicating the Verizon version has the same capability. Can you provide a link? The link for the AT&T capability can be seen below. Please provide one stating Verizon has this capability.

http://www.androidcentral.com/numbersync-support-arrives-samsung-gear-s2-att

Another thread which seems to have the same problem with number sync as I have.

Number Sync

0 Likes
Highlighted

You do not have to set up call forwarding manually to forward calls from the phone to the S2. An old setting I use is *93 and it rings both the phone and the S2 at the same time.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I don't have to set it up manually, I set it up once and don't have to do it any more.

With the setting you have, it would seem you may have a chance of sometimes the phone's voicemail picking up and sometimes the watch's voicemail picking up.

The way I have it set up, the voicemail will ALWAYS go to the same location.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Hmmm... Maybe it is just on the S2 3g version, but under Settings> Call, I have an option to select the :Outgoing Number" and choose between the remotely connected "mobile device" (phone's) number or the watch's number when making outgoing calls while remotely connected. I select the mobile device so other people don't have to know my watch's separate phone number.  This same option appeared on the original Gear S

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

*93 does not work for me.  I entered it and the watch's number on my S7 edge and hit call and and it tells me that my call cannot be completed as dialed. I also tried it by just entering *93 and then initiating the call.  Same result

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

sccarlin wrote:

Hmmm... Maybe it is just on the S2 3g version, but under Settings> Call, I have an option to select the :Outgoing Number" and choose between the remotely connected "mobile device" (phone's) number or the watch's number when making outgoing calls while remotely connected. I select the mobile device so other people don't have to know my watch's separate phone number. This same option appeared on the original Gear S

On my Verizon S2 3G version, I have that setting in the menu. The watch's number is listed under that setting. I am unable to change that number.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Lot of talk that went away from original post question.  So is there any update to the gear s 3 coming to verizon?   About to go to At&t tomorrow to change service, but wanted to check first if there have been any dates or info found of when it is coming to verizon or if it is even coming here

Highlighted

Leader

Best wishes at your new provider.

0 Likes