Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

I just spoke to Samsung and person I spoke with said he knew nothing about a version for Verizon said to contact Verizon. 0 help from both parties

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just got off the Chat with Verizon and I got this

Chris: I do apologize, however we will not be releasing a Samsung Gear S3.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I swear verizon are a bunch of tech Nazi's not releasing the s3

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Well, if VZW does not release it, that will be the straw for me to switch to AT&T.  Verizon still has the best US network, but not by much any more, and using AT&T (or T-Mobile) abroad is sooo much easier and cheaper because of the GSM base tech.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Has Verizon ever once chimed in on this topic, I don't recall ever seeing them respond. I thought they had people who did nothing but help out on topics here. Shows how much they care

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

smlark wrote:

Well you obviously do not have the Gear S2 because half of what you think is incorrect. I am using the Google pixel with my gear s2 and I am using google messenger and I am able to use it and respond to incoming messages from my watch.

I use gmail and am able to replace to incoming emails

the new S3 if you have read any article explaining the new ecosystem all apps will be downloaded directly to the watch now you will not need a companion app on the phone for them to work

I can initiate calls and text messages from my watch with no problem.

don't get me wrong not all android apps work with Samsung gear s2/s3 but there are a lot of them that do. So you are making it look a lot worse then it really is.

Yes, I do have a Gear S2. I just tried the Google Messenger app and you ARE able to respond to incoming notifications. Other SMS/MMS apps do not allow that on the Gear S2 such as Verizon Message+ which is the SMS/MMS app I prefer. With this app, when you hit reply you get a message to check your phone in order to do so. I don't think that is making it a lot worse than it really is.

Additionally, I did not say you could not perform SOME functions on the Gear S2, just that you do not have FULL Functionality. Maybe I am missing something here. Can you let me know how you can view an entire conversation with Google Messenger from the watch? If you do not have an active notification, how do you initiate an SMS/MMS from Google Messenger. I would be willing to switch to Google Messenger if you are able to view your SMS/MMS messages on other devices such as computer/tablet/etc...

For email, you may be able to reply to notifications, are you able to open other emails? Are you able to reply to emails from notifications you have already dismissed? If not, I don't think that is making it a lot worse than it really is.

Yes, I can initiate calls from my watch no problem.

You are mistaking limited functionality(which I claimed) with FULL functionality which AW watches provide with non-Samsung phones OR Samsung phones.

Yes, I have seen where the S3 will have Samsung Pay when not paired with a Samsung phone. That is a far cry with full functionality with other apps, but it is a move in the right direction.

0 Likes
Highlighted

For what this is worth, here's a chat I had with Samsung 30 minutes ago:

[Removed]

chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Boy if they're still trying to work out network issues after what 2 1/2 months, then maybe everyone should jump ship.  You'd think Verizon would want to squash all these rumors floating around. All it takes is one simple statement, just one.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Elvis has left the building ...

S7e (full price) + GS3 ($49) + att numbersync

my other lines will slowly trickle over.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Then go

0 Likes