Highlighted

Re: When will Samsung Gear S3 be launched with Verizon?

But I do agree with you. And will consider leaving Verizon of they don't

offer it soon.

Highlighted

Novice

I would not rely on that one generic phrase in that article.  My understanding is that Verizon will not sell the BT Frontier, just as it never sold the BT only Gear S2 or AW BT watches.  The carriers appear to have exclusive rights to sell the LTE version, at least for the first several months of its availability.  That is why Amazon, Best Buy and others are only selling the BT version.  And, since the Verizon version is different from the AT&T/T-Mobile device, in terms of LTE bands and 3g fallback connections (CDMA v. GSM), Verizon will, as always, take its own sweet time "testing". 

Now that AT&T has basically caught up in LTE coverage, given its easier global use and VZW's continued slowness in bringing new devices and updates, I expect to switch in April 2017 when my VZW contract is up.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

sccarlin wrote:

I would not rely on that one generic phrase in that article. My understanding is that Verizon will not sell the BT Frontier, just as it never sold the BT only Gear S2 or AW BT watches.

Verizon CURRENTLY sells the BT ONLY Samsung Gear S2 and the Moto 360 gen2(and the gen1 before that). Not sure where you got that idea.

Samsung Gear S2 Classic Bluetooth - Verizon Wireless

Samsung Gear S2 Bluetooth - Verizon Wireless

Motorola Moto 360 Sport - Verizon Wireless

Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen for Women 42mm - Leather - Verizon Wireless

Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen for Men 46mm - Leather - Verizon Wireless

Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen for Men 42mm - Leather - Verizon Wireless

Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen for Women 42mm - Metal - Verizon Wireless

Motorola Moto 360 2nd Gen for Men 46mm - Metal - Verizon Wireless

Highlighted

Novice

So, for those that are wondering whether or not Verizon will be carrying the LTE version of the S3 Frontier, I may be able to offer a ray of hope.

Bear with me ...

The model number of the AT&T version of this watch is SM-R765A

The model number of the T-Mobile version is SM-R765T

From the above, I'm going to hazard a guess that the model number of the Verizon version will be

(wait for it)

SM-R765V

And lookie here ... http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061443/

The same model number shows up in this article:

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/06/17/exclusive-samsungs-next-smartwatch-is-codenamed-solis-runs-tizen...

Whaddaya think about THAT?

Highlighted

That, sir, is some mighty fine sleuthing.         

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon  is trying to milk their Urban2 for $449.  When GS3 comes out, the Urban2 will not sell nearly at that price...and neither will the GS2.  But Verizon can't afford to be the last one to offer it either since many of us would leave in a hurry to ATT or TM.  My guess is it will be out Friday, but no pre sale.  If I'm wrong I'll see you all in the TM community!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Well, the Urbane2 has a 57mAh battery while the Gear S3 has a 380 mAh battery. That is quite the energy boost. PLUS the Urbane2 has full functionality even if you don't have a Samsung phone. The fact that you lose MANY functions on the Gear S2/S3 if you don't pair with a Samsung phone makes these devices much less desirable.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am not happy that Verizon has not even told us when the watch will be available. Guess it is time to switch back to AT&T

0 Likes
Highlighted

I feel the same way. For me, it would need to be TM. No service with

ATT. I have a feeling Verizon will release it on Friday. They probably

trying to sell their remaining stock of S2s. I'm guessing though. Here's

to our luck on Friday.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Well VZW in your awesome reflection of timing you lot are once again late to the party now it's T-Mobile kicking you in between the legs they will have the Gear s3 available on the 18th this has been confirmed..

VZW you disappoint me in more ways than just the release info on a device i am really beginning to think that you lot are derived from pure Evil i am almost ready to call Sam and Dean (thats a Supernatural reference)

Step it up im not going to give threats that im goiing to leave im outright telling you that me and my 6 lines will leave if you continue this mess that you call customer service the 18th is close.

Fed Up

0 Likes