Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
When charging phone in vehicle, which method is most efficient - USB, 12V, or cigarette lighter?
MrsSchuring

When charging phone in vehicle, which method is most efficient - USB, 12V, or cigarette lighter?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: When charging phone in vehicle, which method is most efficient - USB, 12V, or cigarette lighter?
Snn5
Sr. Leader

12V.  The USB will convert the power to its own rating, just like the cig lighter will.  Any type you use will depend on the charger itself and how it converts the DC to AC power.  AC is faster, and I have an AC outlet in my car.  It is faster than my USB charging block I use in my 12v accessory socket.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When charging phone in vehicle, which method is most efficient - USB, 12V, or cigarette lighter?
Snn5
Sr. Leader

12V.  The USB will convert the power to its own rating, just like the cig lighter will.  Any type you use will depend on the charger itself and how it converts the DC to AC power.  AC is faster, and I have an AC outlet in my car.  It is faster than my USB charging block I use in my 12v accessory socket.

View solution in original post

0 Likes