Highlighted

Samsung Gear S3 No Verizon

Samsung Gear launched today from Tmobile, AT&T and dozens of other carriers around the world and Verizon and Sprint seem to have decided to not carry it despite all the talk online. Why would Verizon not decide to carry it, one of the main HUGE selling points to me over other watches is the ability to use the watch without the phone. I have called the store, chatted with agents online and called customer service and they all seem puzzled like they had no idea Samsung Released a watch today. Very disappointed in Verizon and after the hole Note 7 thing i had to go through not shaping up for me to stay on board if they are going to fall behind in technology.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Gear S3 No Verizon

Per Verizon

Chris: I do apologize, however we will not be releasing a Samsung Gear S3.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I want to know the same question.   Going to at&t tomorrow to change service if no one responds with a definitive answer.   I am going to have this watch with lte and if verizon can't confirm when they will get it then this is not the best service company to be with anymore.   Verizon is following in many top dog foot steps and going down in service oncenter they feel they don't need to compete anymore

Highlighted

Leader

Over a watch.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not just a watch   

Have gotten some of the worst service the last 3 months.   Had a new phone delivered to wrong address.   Had verizon mess up info in my account.   Had verizon lock me into my note 7 because of system issues when I was trying to move to s7edge when they gave the recall.   add to that Verizon fios isn't available near my house, but . 25 miles away it is which is very strange so stuck with using other companies and not get promotions of using one company

Now theven watch isn't that they don't have it yet, but they choose to withhold if they are getting it.   They may or may not get it until December or even at all.   However if they tell us yes or no we can decide if we only get the Bluetooth version or a different watch.   But no they wouldn't want to do that because maybe customers will buy verizon s2 or other verizon watch with service and then buy the gear s 3 when it comes out.   They are not disclosing info to ensure for holiday sales we stupid customers buy other watches from them and not hold out since we don't even know if they are really coming out with it.   It's deceptive sales practice.   Service issues etc maybe they are just a bad company now like most leading companies.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I share the frustration and disappointment I've been reading on these threads.  I wear a Samsung S and I need to replace it for the same reason as one of the other customers; the plastic back no longer grips the charging cradle which makes charging difficult.  I want to upgrade and I want the LTE version, not BT.  I'm a very loyal Samsung customer and I want the Gear S3 Frontier.  So far, there's been no confirmation from Verizon that they intend ever to carry it.  So far as I can see, my best option is to switch my service to AT&T.  I'm reluctant to do this.  I've been a loyal customer of Verizon for years.  My mobile phone, my tablet, and my smart watch are all on Verizon.  I also have an employee discount through my place of work.

If Verizon would even confirm that they will, in the future, carry the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, I would be willing to wait for a reasonable amount of time, even enduring the difficulties I have with charging the present watch.  But Verizon WILL NOT respond to the customers' questions regarding this in any kind of meaningful way.  The disrespect alone is a motivation to switch carriers.

Verizon, you have until Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, to give me an informed response about whether you will be offering the Gear S3 Frontier.  Otherwise, I'll switch to AT&T.  I'm not asking for anything outrageous or unreasonable; just a clear and truthful answer

Highlighted

Sadly I think we won't get a response by Friday.    Verizon has lost the customer care they once had.  

Highlighted

Leader

It's just a watch.

0 Likes
Highlighted

With all the sellouts, I doubt it the Verizon LTE version be released before Christmas.  It may be available for preorder before then, but it will be sometime before they can even fulfill the current backorders even on the Bluetooth model.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I too have been following the release date of the Gear S3.  I have been waiting to purchase this watch in the LTE version.  I will change carriers if I have to so I can purchase this watch.  Come on Verizon what is your problem with this product?

0 Likes