Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Won't Connect To Bose AE2w Headphones

Novice

Have successfully paired phone to six devices, so I know how to do it.  However, cannot pair to my Bose AE2w headphone.  Phone recognizes the headset, attempts to pair, but concludes paring is unsuccessful.  Have paired headphones to other devices (Samsung TV, Samsung sound bar) without a problem.  Why not Bluetooth enabled headphones?? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge Won't Connect To Bose AE2w Headphones

Leader

When you bought them and when they were first manufactured are not the same thing. I saw reviews for the headphones as early as 2013 which means the Bluetooth version could be older.

Have the headphones paired with other v4.1 Bluetooth devices?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Have you paired the headphones recently (today?) with other devices, just to rule out that they aren't malfunctioning?

I was able to find the specs of your Phones Bluetooth: v4.1

However I couldn't find the specs of your headphones. I'm finding they might have been manufactured 2+ years ago, is that accurate? I don't know if you're able to, but if you can update your headphones that might help. I found this:

http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/bose_bluetooth_system_overview/page.html

However you should look about and see what you can find. Has the phone paired with other v4.1 Bluetooth devices?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Q. Have you paired the headphones recently (today?) with other devices, just to rule out that they aren't malfunctioning?

A. Paired them yesterday to TV, not malfunctioning.

Q. might have been manufactured 2+ years ago, is that accurate?

A. Date of Purchase 4/26/14, so not 2+ years ago.

Q. Has the phone paired with other v4.1 Bluetooth devices?

A. Paired with Samsung TV, and Sound bar, Lexus Car Media, Panasonic Landline Phone, I-pad, Mobile Boom box

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

When you bought them and when they were first manufactured are not the same thing. I saw reviews for the headphones as early as 2013 which means the Bluetooth version could be older.

Have the headphones paired with other v4.1 Bluetooth devices?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I checked your link, which was not the right one, but I did find the correct link, updated, and now was able to link headset to phone, so many thanks to MiiHere!

Bose Update.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Excellent news. I figured it was just outdated software.

0 Likes
Covid19