GizmoWatch making calls by itself! Help
MichelleVP
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son's GizmoWatch is on the charger at night.  We barely have 1 bar of signal at the house so it never makes calls when we actively try to use it from home.  However, at least 5 separate times in the last 10 months, usually in the middle of the night, it finds a signal AND selects my phone number to dial BY ITSELF.  Tonight, it dialed my dad and then dialed me (9:28pm and 9:30pm).  It was on the charger and no one was within 50 feet of the watch.  Short of turning it off every night (which I usually can't do - it freezes up when I use the watch buttons to shut down), what can I do to stop this random calling?  Is it just defective?

Tags (2)
Re: GizmoWatch making calls by itself! Help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that your GizmoWatch doesn't make unwanted calls. Does the device have any physical damage or water damage?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
MtScott
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Device is less than a month old.  Places a call to me around the same time each day. Kid swears they are not touching watch at the time. No damage or water contact here. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear about your current device issues. With regard to the device how long ago have you had this service issue? Has there been any recent updates on your phone or watch?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
DanCsnoop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi - My son's Gizmo randomly calls his mother. He is using it when it happens. It just places the call. It's brand new....Christmas present...and isn't damaged. Please advise. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
DanCsnoop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Isn't using. Sorry. Typo. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear your son's GizmoWatch calls his mother's number randomly. It is important his device functions correctly, and we will help. We have some questions to better assist. Does the problem only occur with this number? When did this issue begin?    DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
gersh94
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has happend to us at least 10 times in the 10 days since we've gotten the watch for my son, but not at night - it happens during the daytime.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gersh94, does your device have the most recent operating system update? Have you taken any steps to remedy this behavior, like a Factory Reset?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Thegarretts2004

Same issue here, watch less 2 months old and calls me randomly. It's 1:00am right now and it just called me and woke me up, my son's watch was in my purse next to my night stand. I get calls from it during the day as well, his teacher is starting to get irritated that I have him wear it to school, he swears it's not him.

0 Likes