Highlighted

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE not connecting to network

Not sure if this is what fixed mine but I had the same issue with mine and I have a note 8 but in a random attempt to fix it I uninstalled the wear app from my play store reset my phone and then downloaded the wear app from the galexy store and after resetting my watch it worked!!

Might be worth a shot for others Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I was experiencing the same issues everyone else had while trying to pair my watch with my Note 9. Tried the different steps of troubleshooting with a hard reset of watch, pairing it with phone again and blah, blah, blah to no avail. After contacting level 2 tech support twice yesterday, I spoke to a tech named Luis. 

I explained to him that I refused to continue to troubleshoot a new device and that I was requesting that he remove the phone number from my line so I could try to apply a new number to my watch using the wearables app. Well Luis asked me one simple question, what my ICCID number was on my watch. After him realizing that the ICCID number did not match what the system was showing him, he unpaired the watch to my line, updated to the correct ICCID and voila, it worked!!!

Not sure if this will help everyone, but I know it worked for my watch.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, dfigueroa2k8 and thank you for reaching out to us. How long has this been happening for? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I had the exact same problem with my Samsung Gear S2 and after spending 3 hours on the phone with a Verizon Rep, who couldn't figure it out, I went to the Verizon store.  I bought my first Samsung LTE watch there 4 years ago and it died on me, had to factory reset.  After I reset the watch, it stated that I had a reactivation code that needed to be put in but when I tried to do that, it just kept saying it failed.  Called Samsung and they told me that I needed to go to a Samsung tech to get it fixed, but needed my receipt.  I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't have my receipt 4 years later, so I opted to buy the same watch online because I love the watch and don't want to spend another $450 for a new watch.....I finally found one for $99.  Now, back to the activation issue.  After the Verizon rep RUDELY telling me that my watch wasn't LTE and me arguing with him that it was, I had used that feature several times over the years that I had the original watch and him telling me that I was wrong, it was only bluetooth, he finally rolled his eyes at me and said, "I'll prove it to you lady!"  He went to the computer and low and behold, he was wrong and I was correct.  Does anyone think he apologized for his rude behavior?  Nope, he didn't!  Now, I have to spend close to 2 hours with this guy only to be told from another rep that had been at the same counter and heard the whole conversation, that Verizon is now using a DIFFERENT network, one that isn't associated with the Samsung Gear S2 LTE watch.  So, after 2 hours of listenting to my conversation with the rude rep, she finally adds that tidbit in.  Apparently, the S2 is equipped to be on a network that Verizon used to use but changed.  Would love to know if we can switch networks on the Gear S2, but haven't been able to find that out yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Don't bother trying to figure this out......there's nothing you can do as far as I was told.  Read my reply before......Verizon switched the network it used and rendered out watches useless if we bought them for the phone connectivity.  Gear S2 LTE uses a CDM (?) network, which Verizon used to use, but then switched!  The Verizon rep told me to get rid of my watch and he'd sell me the new Gear LTE watch.....I asked FOR WHAT?  SO THAT YOU CAN CHANGE NETWORKS AGAIN AFTER I SPEND $450 AND RENDER MY NEW LTE WATCH USELESS?  THANKS, BUT NO THANKS!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

pezzanoc, I would be just as frustrated over this entire experience with this watch too. I'm so sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused. 

Do you have a Samsung device that you are pairing it with too, or a different make phone? Also, were you only connecting it as Bluetooth, or as a separate line with NumberShare? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having the same problem but mine is with s Samsung note 10. I have been talking to tier 1 and 2 and have put in at least 12 hours texting and talking with different representatives. I have tried scanning QR code and a activation code, Neither work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Hitch80,

We are always here when you need help. Are you having trouble with the date on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10? What exactly is going on?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not the note 10 you have to read this whole thread to see what i was having problems with. This is about the Samsung active 2 watch not connected to LTE i have been on phone for many hours with no help. I should get a good discount for my time and trouble. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to focus on the specific concerns you are having, Hitch80. Is this a new watch? Are you trying to set it up as a standalone device or you are using NumberShare with your phone? 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Covid19