Highlighted

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE not connecting to network

I had the same problem as everyone else on this thread, and this is exactly what Verizon finally did for me after the rep in the 2nd store I visited suggested this may be the only fix (after I pointed out some of the posts I read while in store on the phone on hold with tech support). At this point I had spent about 4 hours on the phone with support over several days and another 2 hours with reps in store working with support to try to figure it out.

The store can't do it. And apparently most techs at level 2 don't even know about it. When I finally told a rep at level 2 about this "rebuild" process suggested by the store, this rep seemed to know exactly what I was talking about but said it was a function of the sales team, not tech support!? They transferred me to the sales team, who had never heard of this either (the sales rep I spoke to told me he had been working in this role for 3 years, this was completely new to him). But he saw that we had been with Verizon for over 20 years and decided to take action. It took about an hour, but he worked with tech support and a supervisor, and they were able to do a total rebuild on the line to remove the invalid SIM and sync the correct ESIM between watch and account.

It's crazy to me how long it appears this problem has been going on, people have clearly had the issue resolved previously, but yet most of Verizon's store and support staff have absolutely no idea what to do!

VERIZON - you have a serious communication issue, and this is probably a direct reflection of org structure and management. Get it together!! Every employee I talked to WANTED to help me, but did not know the answer. Thank you Quentin with the Sales / Customer Service team for going above and beyond to find the answer and resolve the situation!

Highlighted

Called VZW this evening to try and activate my watch with my Pixel. They told me Pixel wasnt compatible at all even though Samsung website says yes. My only option is to get a phone from VZW that is compatible and try again. This is so frustrating!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Still an active problem. I have an unlocked Pixel XL straight from google, Samsung claims this phone is fully compatible... and Verizon hits me with the number sharing incompatibility problem. Tier 2 was unable to help. I've sent in a request to return the watch... but maybe if I switch to T-Mobile it might work? The phone's unlocked, and the watch was straight from Samsung. Specifically, I'm getting error 4002. None of the VZ techs ever saw this, they've only been poking at their own machines. I see this from the Galaxy Wearable app under device info.

0 Likes
Highlighted

the phone wont work with pixel phones....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ok so I tried posting this already so sorry if it's there twice.  I have a pixel 3 with the galaxy watch and it works very well. Not perfect but close. Ok so you need to remove your sim card and put it into a newer Samsung phone (a very helpful manager let me use the s9 at the Verizon store on display). Download the galaxy wear app and the plug-in and go through the entire setup. With it being a galaxy phone the watch connects to the LTELmobile network easily.  Once the setup is complete verify that the watch is number sharing correctly and also turn off the bluetooth on the galaxy phone and verify that it works independently.  Once that's done put your SIM back in your pixel and repeat the process. Select connect to new phone on your watch and go through it the same way, except for when you get to the mobile network setup on the pixel phone "press" skip. The galaxy watch will hold the initial LTE setup even though it says it will reset. I have also factory reset multiple times and gotten a replacement phone from Verizon and have never lost the LTE connection. Calls, texts, navigation, Samsung pay, and every galaxy store app I have used has worked fine without issues. Hope this helps, I've been using my galaxy watch for almost 3 months on my pixel and still no issues. Sorry I didn't check posts earlier.

0 Likes

Okay but I have the Galaxy S10+ and I'm still having this problem. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jake172062, we would never want this to happen to you. In order to get to the bottom of this, we would need full detail of the situation you are having. Is this happening to both your watch and your phone? Does your watch have an active line with Verizon Wireless? How long have you been experiencing this? We are eager to hear back from you! - MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Make sure all of your phone apps are up to date then try again this was the solution to my phone I have the note 8 and galaxy watch. Was getting error 102 when trying to set up network everytime. After I updated all my apps on the phone the watch was able to connect to the network with no issues.  I spent 3 hours a day with tier 1 and 2 techs for a week. Then in store I had a sales rep who had encountered the problem before and she got it all set up easy peasy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Is watch still disconnected or is the problem fixed because mine is not connected to the network at all 

0 Likes
Highlighted

You are right about the communication problems. I  am up to about 8 or so in store reps, techs and tier 3 Verizon personnel and they kept trying to do the same thing over and over with no traction. Be honest. What is the problem 

0 Likes