Highlighted

Galaxy Watch LTE not connecting to network

JONDRO86

Screenshot_20181028-164937.png

I bought the Galaxy Watch LTE 46mm this weekend. I have a Google Pixel 2 phone

Everything has worked fine, it's able to pair on bluetooth, the apps functional well, calls, texts etc. on bluetooth.

I have the LTE version of the watch. When I bought the Galaxy Watch - the rep activate a line so i would have data/LTE on the watch (the reason I bought it in the first place)

However, I have not been able to activate the LTE on the watch. I went back to the store today, only 2 days after buying. While in store we called Verizon support. We were on the line for 3 hours. About 2 hours will Level 1 Support - going through the standard, "reset", re-pair, restart watch and phone. Did that close to 6-7 times. After 2 hours we were passed to Level 2 support. Level 2 support had us do the exact same thing - after an hour Level 2 support told sales rep to do an exchange.

We attempted to activate LTE on the 2nd watch - same issue. I've attached picture of the issue that appears each time we attempt to connect LTE

Does anyone know what's going on?

Labels (1)

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE not connecting to network

mess472

It took my watch a few hours before it actually was activated and picked up the network signal.  i also have the LTE version.  My issue with it is the battery.  I took it off of charge this morning at 100%  it is now back on the charger because it was at 2%.  I got about 13 hours out of it.  I wasnt playing around with it too much today, the signal at work is real bad so maybe that is why the battery drained.  trying to pull a signal all day.  My phone struggles to get a signal

0 Likes

MPLKN

Same watch here, same phone, similar story. In-store activation with store tech and his manager on line toto Tier 2 for over an hour at the beginning of this week. The manager told me he was told by Tier 2 that they had at least 30 instances of this problem at Tier 2 nationwide at that time.

It's not the phone. It's not the watch. Verizon was wrestling with a problem in back end systems, something in the hand off of information required to make the activation happen. Earlier this week I was told they expected to have resolution "in as couple of days".

LTE connectivity was there distinguishing factor in my selection of this watch. I'll be up against the 14 day return policy in a few days. If really like to keep the watch, but it's not giving me access to its most important feature, what I bought it for.

I'm sure there are others of us out there, but I'm uncertain what leverage we can exert on Vzn. Great company, great network, great local people at our store, but when problems like this crop up, it's a black box with no handles.

Already, I wanted to respond to let the original poster know they're are more of us out there.

Thanks

JOG0277
Novice

I hope a Knowledgeable Rep will respond very soon, with either an explanation of the problem or a solution.  Because I'm very curious to know why this issue exists on such a new watch.  Android Smartwatches have a similar issue and can't connect to LTE as Stand Alone Devices because Verizon disabled their Integrated Calling Feature (Samung Watches aren't Android Watches because they use a different software called Tizen)....I'm wondering if the disabled Integrated Calling Feature also affects Samsung Watches....Hopefully a knowledgeable Rep will respond soon and shed some light on this issue.

AARACC96

I am getting the same thing it can not connect to LTE

I have a ticket open with Verizon and they promised a call back that I never got.

we did a number of resets , I even tried activating it with a Samsung phone no luck.'

if you goto myverizon the watch is listed and connected to my number

no idea what the problem is... VERIZON anyone listening ?????

aa

JONDRO86

Looks like Verizon has "given up" / is somewhat in  a limbo.

After over 8-9 hours on support over multiple days. They had me go exchange for a 3rd watch.

However when i got to the store, the manager said, he heard rumors the Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE is not able to connect with Google Pixel 2 for "back end system" issues.

Love the watch, but dissapointed I paid a premium for the Verizon version yet LTE won't work on it. The manager advised me to call Verizon Disconnect team, cancel my LTE line AND ask Verizon a Discounts on the watch since you can find the none-LTE version at other stores for much much less money.

0 Likes

JONDRO86

Yep. Spent over 8-9 hours on Tier 1 & Tier 2 support over a few days. Multiple reps "promising" the reset in 24 hours would solve the problem but nope.

For now Verizon support and/or Verizon managers in store have not been able to advise why LTE won't work in this scenario. The manager did advise me to call Verizon disconnect team to cancel my LTE line payments AND ask Verizon for a discount off the watch, since the lTE is not working AND the same watch can be bought in other stores much cheaper with LTE.

I'm hoping Samsung / Verizon figure out this situation soon, as like you, it's the only reason I bought it in the first place

0 Likes

Tman07

This is correct actually. This is not Verizon's fault, nor is it a Samsung

issue.

All pixel devices, including the 3 will not connect to the Galaxy Watch.

This is caused by the way Google has manufactured their devices.

0 Likes

AARACC96

I get the same message I'm using a blackberry key2le .That's running Android oreo.

I really don't pixel devices can't connect it would be an epic fail for the device.

Crazy I still have not heard back from Verizon support

After 2 calls and 10 factory resets

Aa

0 Likes

Tman07

The Galaxy Watch will not connect with the Blackberry Key2 LE either..

there is a list of Android devices this watch will connect with over the

network..

This is the list from Samsung on compatible devices..

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

On this list, there is no reference to ANY blackberry drvices. Blackberry

devices are becoming less, and less compatible in the wireless market.

As for the Pixel devices, 3 is not on this list, and 2 was not tested in

the U.S. market. It was only tested in the Korean market.

0 Likes