Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Bluetooth wifi issues on a note 4
Electrica

When my bluetooth is on and connected and I try to use Wi-Fi the Wi-Fi connection causes the Bluetooth to the unstable and it connects and disconnects randomly. At times it causes the Wi-Fi connection to disconnect and connect randomly. If I leave either the Bluetooth or the Wi-Fi off I have no problem with either of them. Can someone please tell me what can be done to fix this I am at my wits end. I have already done a full factory reset and that has not solve the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth wifi issues on a note 4
dilbertaz

I also have a Note 4 and have noticed the Bluetooth to be unstable at times, I believe it became more unstable after the 5.0.1 update.  I haven't noticed a correlation between wi-fi and bluetooth though, that is an interesting point that I will have to try to test.  The problem is that the instability of the bluetooth isn't necessarily frequent enough to establish a definite correlation.  How long have you had the Note 4 and when did you first notice it?  I think I have seen posts that bluetooth audio streaming the issue happens more frequently so that may be a good starting point for testing.

0 Likes
Electrica

I just got it about 3 days ago. I had the same Bluetooth headset connected to a note 3 for over 2 years. Obviously not the same headset but the same style one because I have replaced as they have gone bad. I initially thought my headset has gone bad so I had a spare one that has not been used yet I tried it and it did not work any better. We have 3 galaxy s5's and my note 4 in my home.  My bluetooth headset pears to my wife's s5 and is connected to our Wi-Fi at the same time with no issues. Her phone is running a different version of lollipop. My phone will connect to bluetooth alone without any issues or to Wi-Fi alone without any issues. However when I try to use both at the same time it is as if when I start Wi-Fi first then turn on Bluetooth the Bluetooth struggles to connect and as it does it disconnect the Wi-Fi for a moment then the Bluetooth will disconnecting the Wi-Fi reconnect and on and on until I shut one of the two off.  Yesterday is when I finally realized what was going on. I have been home the last few days since I got on the phone trying to not only tweak and set up the new phone but a new tablet that I have as well as a portable printer. Frustrated after hours of trying to resolve why this was happening I stepped away from home long enough to attend a church function and while I was gone my bluetooth did not disconnect one time. Soon as I pulled up in front of my house and got within range of my Wi-Fi my bluetooth disconnected. That's when I realized there must be an issue between my Wi-Fi and my bluetooth. After speaking with the local Best Buy Samsung expert and the Verizon store offering no help at all i unwillingly did a factory data reset. I decided to only restore the phone to factory settings and immediately install the Bluetooth devices and the Wi-Fi so as to eliminate third party software. I have not installed anything on this phone accept what downloaded when the initial factory reset started and it still has the problem. I am thinking about taking the phone to a store today and asking for a replacement but I fear that the replacement will do the same thing because I'm believing that the problem is not in the phone but rather in the software. I have searched for hours and so multiple posts about issues with the lollipop update. Do not understand why they cannot just roll it out to 5.1.1 that's on the note 5. I had initially went from my note 3  to the note 5 and had it for approximately 2 weeks but decided I did not like it because of the newer technology  voLTE.  I found out you could not use the telephone and the internet at the same time without enabling the HD function because they had removed the second antenna and it only have one antenna and I did not like the quality of the HD Voice so I was forced to downgrade to a note 4.  At this point wishing I still had my note 3 as I had no issues using the same Bluetooth devices. However I do believe the note 3 have the same software upgrade on it can't confirm as I no longer have it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Electrica, this very concerning that you are experiencing this. We want you to be able to enjoy the newest devices. It looks like you have been doing a lot of troubleshooting on your own. Let's work together so we can get the connection to stay stable. The Best Buy Samsung Expert can re-flash the software on the phone. Have you tried putting the phone in safe mode? If not, please put the phone in safe mode and retest. Here are more details http://spr.ly/6583BMAD9.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dilbertaz

Definitely sounds like your device has an issue with bluetooth/wi-fi, my bluetooth disconnects but only occasionally, maybe once or twice a day if that.  I am pretty much always connected to some wi-fi at home, work and in my vehicle.

0 Likes
Electrica

I ended up getting two other note 4 users to use my devices on their phone with the same wifi/Bluetooth connections and they worked flawlessly.  I returned it to the store I purchased it at and explained this to the manager.  We exchanged my phone for another and the problem was solved.  It was a bad phone.

ricklax99

My note 4 has had the same issue. I have tried everything in the book including several factory resets.I have been told by Samsung that lollipop 5.1.1 will fix it whenever it gets here. I am giving Verizon until the end of the month and then its time to switch. I have not had a well working phone for over a year now and I cant tell Verizon I want a discount on my bill for poor service. That would be just crazy.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Novice

Why?  If your not getting what you are paying for they should compensate you!  I am really surprised that there hasn't been a class action suit for all the phones that were disabled by the 5.0.1 update.  I am still waiting on an update too, but loosing patience and ready to jump somewhere else.

0 Likes