Will 5G restore Verizons good sevice?
JIM5512302
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon service has clearly degraded since the introduction of "unlimited data".  A simple Google search explains the problem.  My question is, will the introduction of 5G relieve the clogging of the transmission towers?  And if so, when is 5G projected to start relieving this problem?  I've been a customer for decades and I really want to give Verizon a chance to sort this problem out.  But a little more honesty and transparency on Verizons part would go a long way to improve customer relations.  Long time customers like me are happy to give Verizon the time it needs to correct this issue.  But let's be honest and admit that there is a problem.

Jim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will 5G restore Verizons good sevice?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

everyone wanted unlimited data. Customers started to leave because of it so Verizon brought it back now the network has issues for some people. Oh shock what a surprise. NOT. Verizon's initial 5G efforts will be on fixed wireless. Even with mobile 5G it will take years for it to roll out and also you need phone with 5G capabilities of which there are none right now. So it will take years before there is enough 5G phones to make a dent. There are other things Verizon will do like convert CDMA spectrum to LTE once CDMA shuts down use CBRS spectrum for LTE. Though these things like 5G will take time. So will 5G help? yes greatly. It's YEARS away from helping. If you live in one of the top 10 metros maybe within 2 years it'll help. Maybe. everyone else is 3,4,5 years away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for being a long time customer, JIM5512302May we ask what service concerns you have had since we launched our unlimited data plans? Our goal is to ensure you have the best experience possible.  

Just to clarify, 5G service is our first ever ultra-high speed wireless home internet service that is called 5G Home, but it is not related to your cellular service. https://www.verizonwireless.com/5g/home/

We hope this information is helpful. 

Tamara_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JIM5512302
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response.  I travel around the US a lot.  Many times I return to the exact same spots that used to have a good strong signal.  Now many of those spots have very weak Verizon signals and very erratic signal strength.  This has all happened since the introduction of Verizon Unlimited Data.  As an example I am now in zip code 78572.  I have the unlimited plan.  I am well under the cap where Verizon starts to throttle my data.  I use my phone for a hot spot and I always used to get a solid 3 or 4 bars at this exact location.  Today as an example, my phone will drop from 3 bars to 1 bar when I use the hot spot and it becomes pretty much unusable.  This does not happen all the time but it used to be a rare event.

I have purchased a cell phone booster and that seems to solve the problem.  But is that really what you want your customers to have to go through to get service.  Whenever I change locations I turn the phone off and back on to locate the nearest tower.  My assumption is the towers get clogged and my service is sometimes switched to another tower with spare capacity.  Hence, the drop in signal strength. 

Jim   

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Unlimited data wouldn't reduce signal strength. it doesn't work that way

0 Likes