Verizon 5G Home Customer Service terrible!
candra72

We just have Verizon 5G Home installed a few weeks ago and love it until problems arrived. We can never get our DVR to connect with the modem, the tech who installed our verizon modem told us to get in touch with the so called "smart division" and they WILL help us with the connection, oh ya that easy!!. First getting in touch with somebody who knew what they were talking about is nonexistence, everytime we talked to somebody they always said my manager will call you in so and so minutes, its been weeks now and not a soul has reach out. We were told that we can manage the modem setting via "my verizon", but again it's nowhere to be found in "my verizon" none of the agent we talked to have even a slight idea what I was talking about.

When we finally get a hold of a living breathing human being, it took them almost an hour to tell us that every problem with 5G home should have been reported to Frontier since Verizon did not handle 5G in Indiana, seriously ?? why didnt you tell me that at the first place?? Verizon can't locate my account, frontier can't locate my account as well, so who in the heck should have we dealt with?

We are at their 3 months trial at this moment, but after the trial is over I am switching to ATT, slower maybe but I just can not deal with bad customer service!! you think they will try their best to help us when we're still under the trial period so they could have us as a long time customer, I guess that is not is their customer service 101 textbook either. DISSAPOINTED!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 5G Home Customer Service terrible!
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Frontier has nothing to do with Verizon's 5G. It's new service there are going to be growing pains. It's basically a beta which you are getting for free by the way. While they shoul have more competant peole working you're into out any money for 3 months and you got other free stuff too.

0 Likes
candra72

It is Verizon Customer Service that told me to contact Frontier if I experienced problems with my Verizon 5G, imagine that! I understand problems happened, but it is how the customer service handle the problem is what matter, at least direct me to someone who knows what they are talking about instead of playing pink pong and making false promises. Just because I got free stuff does not mean I deserve poop customer service. I am a small business owner, all other free stuff that they offer doesn't even interest me, what I am interested about is the fast internet provided since it's crucial to my business, without a competent customer service or tech, all of those promises can just go down the drain!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well appearantly CS reps are blockheads. I'm just a Verizon cusotmer like you since this is a cusotmer to customer forum and not cusotmer service. I'm not excusing not providing a service but I'd feel a bit moee badly if you were actually giving Verizon money. Like I said this a beta why do you think they are giving it away for free for 3 months? I suggest trying Reddit maybe you get some Verizon employeees there psoting sometimes https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon

0 Likes
candra72

It's a bad business when you're already tarnished before you even begin, you would think they will try their best to woo new customer during this stage so they can actually gain paid customer in the long run, free stuff can only go so far, oh well. Thanks for the link.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear of your experience with our 5G Home service, candra72. This definitely is not how we want our customers to feel after having our new 5G Home service installed. I would also be sad to see you leave the Verizon family. Please know that we do support the 5G in Indiana and would love the chance to assist you further. To reach our 5G exclusive support team, please call our customer service team at 800-922-0204 and you will be routed to them.

- GregL_VZW

0 Likes
candra72

Thank you, but that is exactly the number I have contacted for the last several weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

candra72,

We want you to have the support you need. I recommend reaching out again, and be sure that you are in touch with our 5G Home team. Please keep us in the loop.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
candra72

I did call them again several days ago and specifically mentioned about wireless 5G in home internet expert and not anything else. Your CS could not even locate our account, so again we were transferred to someone who greet us with "hello this is ...with frontier blah blah." needless to say it went nowhere, again.

Ok let's tried calling Verizon, again! and at this point I have enough, I told your cs to get the manager because I am done talking to cs people, otherwise your modem will end up in my back yard. Finally we talked to someone who actually understand what 5G wireless home internet means and who to find to help us eventhough the manager was still not able to find our account. Needless to say this guy 5G guy was the one who was able to find our account, I dont know how you guys set things up, apparently our 5G account was set up as a sub-account under the cellular account and nobody was able to figure this out thats why they keep transferring us to frontier.

5G guy's name is Matt and he seems to be knowledgeable and actualyy tried his best to help unfortunately we still do not have DVR connection. We asked him to just cut the connection all together and we will go back to cable instead, he asked for another chance to fix this and someone will come next week to change the modem, cross my fingers this will fix things. I love the speed that 5G has to offered and to be honest we have nothing to complaint about except the CS. It was frustrating to spend weeks just trying to get in touch with the real 5G expert, shold have trained your CS better!.

Anyway, I will keep you updated next week to see the problem is solved or not. thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

candra72, I am disheartened to hear about your recent experience with receiving assistance with your 5G service. Your time is truly valuable and I apologize for this. I also appreciate your feedback and will be happy to lift this to the appropriate team. Please let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes