Samsung Note 5G Speed Issues
Sloooo44

I keep wondering why my pages load so slowly on my phone.  So I finally ran a Verizon speed test and my download speed is 1 Mbps and my upload speed is 8 Mbps.  I spent $1000 on a phone to get a more enjoyable experience on the internet, only to find out that my Samsung a10e was alot faster.  I'm outside when I ran the test and I have 5G with 3 bars showing on my phone.  Can someone help me with why it's so slow?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 5G Speed Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can look into this for you. We want you to be able to enjoy your services with ease. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
kevinray1
Enthusiast - Level 2

All,

I have found that as a "fix" to slow 5G speeds you can disable it by turning off the "HD Voice" option. 

Settings/Connections/Advanced Calling 

I have a S20+ 5G and it works.

DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Are you saying that turning off HD Voice "improves the data speed" or are you saying it disconnects 5G?  - - I have always thought that you can't turn off 5G w Verizon.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Zorbo218
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issues started immediately after 5G started rolling out in my area.  I never had issues with calls at my house nor with streaming on my commute to work (or around town for that matter), then as soon as my phone started displaying 5G the service has been terrible.  I am on a 5G capable Galaxy S20 phone and cannot tell you how frustrating this has been since things were fine when I was on 4G.  Hopefully Verizon straightens this out or I'm moving on.

0 Likes