Oneplus 8 5g update
jjhendri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Need to find out when we will get android 11 and how to get the local option to upgrade on the phone 

0 Likes
Re: Oneplus 8 5g update
goldbondx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you want Android 11 or 5g? (or both?) 

If you want Android 11, no clue when VZ/OP will release. Based on their 5g support..don't hold your breathe..

If you want 5g, I was told after being run around that it will be on our around Nov 20th.

Either way, this phone is the ugly step child of 5g supported devices and completely regret buying it..

Re: Oneplus 8 5g update
jjhendri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi goldbondx, I am told that 5g exist in Ft lauderdale, close to downtown about 10 miles from me. I also see that all the other oneplus is getting Android 11 as well as T Mobile has a support site for Android 11 for the 5G unlike Verizon and our phone does not have the option to do a local upgrade since that option was deleted from our phone why, don't know but I suspect that they want to keep us from leaving the ship. I like the phone so far but just wish I could do more. Maybe next time will just buy the phone from Google like the Pixel that works regardless of carrier which I thought that oneplus would do for me.