How to find out if new pole has 5G equipment?
symian

So I know Verizon just installed a new tower on my road (in rural California).  Besides tracking down a local pole climber for them, anyone think of a way to poke Verizon's Corp into giving up whether a tower is 5G ready? (Been a customer for 5 yrs and thinking of jumping ship to ATT and their home wifi service, as I'm pretty sure they installed the 5G on their new poles also on the same road)

0 Likes
Re: How to find out if new pole has 5G equipment?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@symian wrote:

So I know Verizon just installed a new tower on my road (in rural California).  Besides tracking down a local pole climber for them, anyone think of a way to poke Verizon's Corp into giving up whether a tower is 5G ready? (Been a customer for 5 yrs and thinking of jumping ship to ATT and their home wifi service, as I'm pretty sure they installed the 5G on their new poles also on the same road)

If you are in rural California I highly doubt there is 5G anything in your area. Verizon 5G is goign to use mmwave at first and that is not very good in rual areas. No need to worry about 5G for a few years yet

0 Likes
Re: How to find out if new pole has 5G equipment?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I can also guarantee you that at&t doesn't have 5G in your area either. Their fixed wireles is 4G.

0 Likes