Re: 5g and lagacy data plans?
Echancy

I also am on a legacy unlimited plan. Nationwide 1400 talk and text with unlimited web and email for $29.99 (I've had this plan since 2007 or 2008 I believe). I was able to purchase the new Samsung Note 20 Ultra using a payment plan through Verizon, and "upgrading " my existing line but keeping my existing plan. I read through all of the fine print, and everything appears to be in order. Fingers crossed nothing was messed up! I don't want to lose my video quality and lack of throttling/no data cap. These grandfathered legacy plans are the reason I've paid more than I would have on other carriers, for years. 

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@Echancy wrote:

I also am on a legacy unlimited plan. Nationwide 1400 talk and text with unlimited web and email for $29.99 (I've had this plan since 2007 or 2008 I believe). I was able to purchase the new Samsung Note 20 Ultra using a payment plan through Verizon, and "upgrading " my existing line but keeping my existing plan. I read through all of the fine print, and everything appears to be in order. Fingers crossed nothing was messed up! I don't want to lose my video quality and lack of throttling/no data cap. These grandfathered legacy plans are the reason I've paid more than I would have on other carriers, for years. 

How did your plan charges look after you upgraded your phone? How is the 5G access billed with the nationwide plan? Any noticeable changes you (or anyone that has the nationwide plan) experience after you got access to 5G?

0 Likes
paulma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I can tell you this, Verizon is a plain liar. Their website states emphatically that: "All of our plans include access to our 5G Nationwide network. " garbage, yes all the "new" plans do. mess you if your on legacy, you don't pay enough and we can't throttle you.  They also lie about their warranties. I purchased the Wireless phone protection plan. At the time the website said extended warranty to two years. But when needed it comes out that is only if you live in Florida. Verizon is such a garbage company. I talked to three different reps and they all gave me a different answer. One even went so far as to send me a link to a Verizon site about the warranty and it stated right there, tow year extended warranty. Nothing about Florida. After I mentioned that he cut me off. GREAT SERVICE VERIZON! 

zamoramfm

I'm glad to hear that you're currently running on the legacy unlimited data plan as am I. I'm curious if you just bought the phone out right and just switched your SIM card into the new phone?  Or did you have to use a Verizon rep to assist you in changing over into the new device?

0 Likes
Mdgradylady
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Nationwide Talk & Text 450 plan and bought the iPhone 12 Pro Max on May 7th. Even picked up 5G today in a certain area in Maryland. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes