chubbychibi

Now that 5G will soon be rolling out, will those with the grandfathered unlimited data plans be charged more for this service as I don't recall it having any restrictions. I'm assuming Verizon will charge extra for 5G.

0 Likes
Re: 5G
mama23dogs
Legend

Not for service.  But you will have to buy a compatible phone, which will be very expensive for a while. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Supposedly there's an additional $10 per month charge for 5G on the current three unlimited plans, i.e.,

Verizon 5G Wireless Network Rollout, Chicago and Minneapolis

Verizon's 5G Service Will Cost $10 Extra

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@chubbychibi wrote:

Now that 5G will soon be rolling out, will those with the grandfathered unlimited data plans be charged more for this service as I don't recall it having any restrictions. I'm assuming Verizon will charge extra for 5G.

You'll have to have a comapitbale device and I'm sure you'll have to be on the newer unlimtied plans to use 5G

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@tikibar1 wrote:

Supposedly there's an additional $10 per month charge for 5G on the current three unlimited plans, i.e.,

Verizon 5G Wireless Network Rollout, Chicago and Minneapolis

Verizon's 5G Service Will Cost $10 Extra

And for that $10 you get unlimtied data without any deprioritzation or throttling anytime you're conencted to 5G. So even on Go you can use use 500 GB on hotspot at hi-speed. You can watch 4K video

0 Likes
chubbychibi

I don't recall under the grandfathered unlimited plans that there would be additional charges for higher speeds, I know we aren't supbject to depriortization and we are entitled to high speed data, so now that 5G will be the high speed data, shouldn't that be free to our grandfathered plans. If not why not and where does it say Verizon can charge for this, I understand I have to buy a compatible phone and I can live with that.

0 Likes