tower down for 4 days
tomhatesverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our local tower stopped broadcasting 4g on the 26th. My jetpack is 4g only and now I am stuck without any internet unless i drive into another area.  

I spoke to a tier 2 tech that confirmed that he could test the tower and tell that at least some of the 4g antennas had stopped broadcasting, and the tower was trying to use some antique 1x and 3g antennas as backup. Doesn't help me with my 4g only device that worked fine until 26th.

This happens at 2-3 times a year after a good rain, and now the network engineer in our area just claims "marginal coverage area" and refuses to address the problem. Last time it happened I was without internet or anything over 1x for a week, I guess while the tower dried out??

looks like it's going to go on for a wee this time too.

I have been in touch with corporate, but that guy couldn't get it through his head that even though verizon thinks we are in a "marginal coverage area" that the problem is with the tower and not just heavy usage.

How long does it take to fix a tower hardware issue? And why do the network people ignore it.

Try unplugging your internet and phone for a week and see what I put up with several times a year from a company that holds a monopoly in the area (no other options)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: tower down for 4 days
tomhatesverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

did you read where I said that the verizon t2 tech confirmed that the tower was having hardware issues?

the tower was working fine one day and not working at all the next, literally.  trees, leaves, and line-of-sight be dammed, this problen is a tower problem as confirmed by the t2 tech who initially took the call.

maybe you should go "help" someone else

it's been 7 days now and still I can get out of the "executive relations team is a great big "tough cookies"

after over 11 years of being a paying customer i have lost all patience.

verizon deserves to go bankrupt

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tomhatesverizon, we understand how important it is to stay connected and apologize for the hard time you've had trying to get support. I understand you've completed troubleshooting steps and spoke with our tier two technical support team who advised you're in a marginal coverage area. I also see you mentioned you have no other internet providers in the area; I want to be transparent with you, as I value your time. Many factors can affect the availability and quality of your service such as cell-site changes, lines of sight, interference, etc. Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so at times, you may not get service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. Please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many conditions can affect the availability and quality of your service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage, and weather. I hope this information is helpful in understanding the expected coverage.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
tomhatesverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

did you read where I said that the verizon t2 tech confirmed that the tower was having hardware issues?

the tower was working fine one day and not working at all the next, literally.  trees, leaves, and line-of-sight be dammed, this problen is a tower problem as confirmed by the t2 tech who initially took the call.

maybe you should go "help" someone else

it's been 7 days now and still I can get out of the "executive relations team is a great big "tough cookies"

after over 11 years of being a paying customer i have lost all patience.

verizon deserves to go bankrupt

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomhatesverizon, I am sending you a Private Note.

0 Likes