Enthusiast - Level 2

You have lightning fast speed compared to my .15

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: slow data after switching to unlimited
rcschnoor
Legend

Slucas8 wrote:

When we ran out of data on our old plan, we would go into 'safe mode' where it would be slower but still functional (3G speeds).

Actually, "safe mode" is capped at 2G speeds and not 3G speeds.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Slucas8 wrote:

My speeds are so slow right now that my download speed is 0.74 Mbps and upload speed is 0.80 Mbps. No ok.

If you are saying your "safe mode" data was "slower but still functional" you should be just fine at the above posted speeds. "Safe mode" has a speed of up to 0.128 Mbps which is a fraction of what you have listed above. I would guess you simply forgot how bad the data speed was when you were in "safe mode".

Not only that, but "safe mode" is an actual throttling of your speed where re-prioritization is completely different. When you are being re-prioritized, you data is not "slowed" to a certain speed, it is simply placed behind others whose data has not been re-prioritized. This can give the feeling of being throttled but once the data ahead of yours had gone thru, your data speed could possibly go back to normal which is not the case with "safe mode".

SLOBIZMAN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have experienced Safe Mode, and while slow it is definitely usable.  It is certainly WAY better than having my connection essentially halted by re-prioritization for 5-10 minutes.  It may be longer than 5-10 minutes, because I really don't know how long beyond that because I give up at that point.

0 Likes
MRWALLEYEMAN1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Customer service support people FACE IT you guys are messing people up with the Go Unlimited Plan.

Like in my post yesterday about the same thing I had speeds everywhere I travel that were in the 40Mbps then all of the sudden 3 days ago I can't even get beyond like 25kbs,in all the same areas, and my data is being throttled or de-prioritized even at 3AM. Verizon wireless customer support your problem is you guys DONT LIKE BEING CALLED OUT on your stuff.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have the best plan to fit your need and I'm here to help because we don't want to lose you. Let's review your options, I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

Ayani_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Slucas8,

We certainly value your loyalty and your business over the years. We don't want you to even consider leaving us. I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your speeds. I'm right here to address this and help with a resolution. 

I have sent you a Direct Message in the forums. Please respond to the message, so we can get to the bottom of this. 

Thank you, 

Christina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HENRICKA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, i am not sure what we can do to resolve this. Can you send me an email via direct email instead of the forum? My email is [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a wireless plan that fits your wireless needs is important, MRWALLEYEMAN1. We have different options to meet people’s wireless needs when it comes to our Unlimited Plans: http://spr.ly/6584DfhL2 What do you tend to use the data service for? 

Chris_VZW

0 Likes