Re: slow data after switching to unlimited
MRWALLEYEMAN1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon just needs to make the data usable at all times, not throttle or de-prioitize ones data to where it is totally unusable, and when someone checks email, facebook, or tries to look something up on safari and the app times out, and tells them they are not connected to the internet because it so slow (because verizon has throttled them), and that's with 3 bars of LTE, but data is unusable, and follows people no matter where they go, no matter the time of day, whether its across town or to different town because you are throttling their data.

Unlimited data is not unlimited if it doesn't load the data and times out while trying to load said data,  Its also not unlimited if it times out and apps like email, safari, facebook tells you you are not connected to the internet. We all get unlimited data does not mean unlimited speeds and that there is de-prioritized or throttling that is going to happen AT TIMES of CONGESTION or when they go over their allotment (plan depending) but when that congestion follows people from place to place and is unusable and won't load that is not unlimited data.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern regarding your data speeds. As a frequent data user I can understand your concerns regarding the data speeds. With regard to what was stated previously you can be de-prioritized if you are over your plans set data amount. We do have other unlimited plans that provide a higher base amount like our Beyond unlimited plan with 22GB of 4G speeds and our Above unlimited plan with 75GB of data to use at 4G speeds. If you have our go unlimited plan you may experience de-prioritization more based on the network activity in that area. Here's a link which explains more about the various unlimited plans we offer https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/. Does this provide clarity?

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

MRWALLEYEMAN1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its sad to see that VWCS is as useful as nothing, because they lack simple comprehension, and their sole job is to push people to spend more money on so called better plans.

Even on the go unlimited plan it does not say you will have de-priortized data to the point that it is non existent it would still eventually load and not time out. and the de-prioritized data wouldn't last for several days, all times of the day and follow them across town or different towns or cities.

Like I said when ones unlimited data is de-prioritized to the point that it is not even loading the data, it times out, and your apps tell you you are not connected to the internet, then that is not de-prioritized that is a stoppage of data and therefore not unlimited, and that stoppage follows them no matter where they are and no matter the time of day. Anyone with any amount of common sense would understand that, that wouldn't be unlimited data. I have several friends and family that have similar plans on other carriers that have had their data de-prioritized or throttled, but the difference is their data still loads it does not time out or tell them they are not connected to the internet.

Verizon should just advertise the go unlimited as unlimited when we decide it is, and we will slow or almost stop your data to the point that it is unusable when we feel like it, and hopefully you will switch plans to one of the more expensive unlimited plans just to P.I.S.S. you off.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HENRICKA,

We definitely want to work with you to meet your needs where possible. We are not able to reply directly to a personal email, however we can communicate via direct message in this platform, and we also provide our Twitter page in the signature below, which can be used for Direct Message. Please let us know what the best communication method might be for you.

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SLOBIZMAN
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Verizon Customer Support:  The canned messages about wanting to help customers, blah, blah, blah, isn't working here.  The problem is not with picking the right plan, the problem is the deceitful marketing of  what reprioritizing your connection really means--which is a complete halt of the connection, and not for a short time.

I know you have a tough job as Customer Support in this situation. I am certain you understand the problem and there is not a thing you can do about it, and it would not be good for your job security to admit it's a problem.  We know it's not your fault, but the fault of the higher ups who are designing the plan features and capabilities.

speed6
Enthusiast - Level 1

We switched  from 8g to unlimited plan and speeds are just horrible. Use too get over 20 mb and speed test and now berly can get 1 mb.

Thinking  just going back to old plan couse this terrible.  After reading all those post and joke replies from Verizon they act like they don't  know the problem.. 

Newtonkw
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is amazingly ridiculous. Same issue. In addition the customer service rep assured me this would not be the case as he claimed any congestion is rare. My phone is noticeably slower every day.   So misrepresentation on top of slowness.  We should have stayed in our plan an paid the overage for the few months we went over. 

Rafaelramireztuesta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to the unlimited because I was going over, but I will switch back because the service has deteriorated after switching (It wasn’t good before). 

Without transparency, Verizon can do whatever they want and the user would not know. 

Unlimited is a very bad deal. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rafaelramireztuesta, it's important your existing Unlimited Plan meets your usage needs and that you're on the right Unlimited Plan. It's not our intention to do whatever we want and not provide you with the service you're paying for.

Just to make sure, what's the exact name of the Unlimited Plan you switched to? Is your data connection slow anywhere you might be?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
outblader
Enthusiast - Level 1

Know this Verizon this business model will only lead to failure just because you're the big kid on the block doesn't mean you can't be knocked off. I myself plan to change providers as soon as I paid off my phone.