Re: slow data after switching to unlimited
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family, outblader. What has you looking to leave the Verizon family? Are you having data speed issues on your device? We want to make sure that we get the chance to turn things around. Please provide me with more details. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
outblader
Enthusiast - Level 1

What difference does it make if it isn't unlimited speed if you can't use it at all it doesn't really matter because it's actually no speed

Huff576
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Switched looking to end overages and throttle downs made phones unusable. Been with Verizon since they took over from Altell. Will be switching carriers. Over $200 per month for 4 lines and internet is unusable a majority of the time. 

carltrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lets all leave Verizon for another carrier. It is THE ONLY way things will change. 

Eli030610

Ever since they reversed the ruling on data caps, Verizon and other service providers have bullied their way back into abusing how they control their throttling ways.  Other services like Spectrum have a great data plans for cheap if you have internet with them. They use Verizon towers, so you still get the great coverage. Also, I haven’t experienced any data caps with them and that’s when I’m over my allotted 20gb!

Verizon will eventually learn, once people have jumped shipped or if the appeal the overturned ruling takes affect! 

0 Likes
TimLawler
Enthusiast - Level 1

My fiance was on another Verizon unlimitted plan,   I switched her over to my plan when we got married,   she has a iPhone 7 which was perfectly fast now it is slow.   My Samsung 9s is also slow.  Just because of the switch to unlmitted?   How can I get off this bad internet and back to normal for both of us without costing an arm and a leg?     I was only paying 65 dollars a month total for AT&T for 5 gig.  and it was never this bad.   Thinking about going back to AT&T.   When I called them,  I could talk to a person.    Buyers remorse.  

Tim Lawler   

0 Likes
jmathis1

Same thing here.  Was on the Verizon Plan which was unlimited.  Swapped to a new plan Unlimited, and now " due to network congestion "  Being throttles to 3g speeds, maxed out at 600k/sec.    Verizon has the SLOWEST 3g download speed across the board.  And unless the rabbits, squirrels and deer have Verizon, I see no congestion out here in Western Ky.  Just more gibberish to get money and give less.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your data speed experience is less than optimal, TimLawler. We are committed to providing you with the best service and the data plan that meets your specific needs. You indicate that you have an unlimited plan. What specific unlimited data plan do you have?

Please note that our unlimited plans work differently and your plan may be working as designed. We have unlimited plans that include premium data and you will experience fast LTE speeds until your premium data is completely used and then your data speeds may be deprioritized until the beginning of your next bill cycle. Please compare the benefits of all our unlimited plans and confirm the different options for premium data at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/compare-unlimited/).

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmathis1, good news - we have new unlimited plans that offer different speeds after different levels of usage! Please check them out here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ - enjoy!

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes