pantech 290
lonewolf5419

I upgrade from the usb 760 to pantech uml290 I don't have 4g here but it's coming.

It would good on 3g for about 3 wks then last weekend I couldn't connect I'm getting error messageWMC 604

I called tech support they said the 4g sytem was down and didn't know for how long.

I had them get me back on the 760 modem which they did. The tech rep called me back and said 4g was back up so this morning I reinstalled the 290 modem I still can't connect and getting the same error. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 760.

Does anyone else know what error message WMC 604 is?

is anyone having luck useing the 290 on 3g? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: pantech 290
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Lonewolf;   I get the 604's and 104's too often but  Not as much as I used to, so things might be getting better for us leading edge  innovaters- (Verizon Beta-Testers, AKA: Customers).

Regarding your problem last weekend; see the message "Saturday 1-15-11" for an explaination of what was going on that day.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/Saturday-1-15-11/td-p/378264

I tried my old 760 on an old 760-installed machine and it didn't work, So I think you're commited to one or the other only  -the switch being thrown at Verizon at your choice.    If I were still in a 3G only area I would have stayed with my unlimited, tried & true USB760.   (Which brings up my next topic)

Right now I'm enjoying the 4G,it's working now,  but I'm right up against my 5G usage limit.  Having to wach that sucks.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

We apologize for the inconvenience. Verizon is aware of the issue that customers are experiencing and we are working to get the issue resolved.  

0 Likes
Gambler

Pantech 290 on Verizon is a BETA TEST. This should not have been sold as a fully functional product.  Advertised as a 3g/4g modem, unable to adequately manage the transfer between the two.  Doesn't work as advertised.  Shame on you Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable
It does seem they may have moved too quickly on this one.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this would be appreciated. Please post asap a solution and/OR workaround is available. Thanks

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

The issue is being worked, once we have more information about the fix we will pass it along.  

0 Likes
DelMar_Beach

Is there anything that can be done in the meantime before the error is fixed. Any by pass?

Please let me know because I gave my MiFi  unit any and have have not mobility for my notebook.

Thanks

0 Likes
quillbert

Is there any resolution on this? It's been 2 months.

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Quillbert;  You're one of the smart guys who actualy goes back & checks his current question to previous topics.   Good move.

But lately, at least for me,  things haven't been so bad.   Sure it's not 4G speed  but at least I'm staying connected for 40 minutes or more.                  (Of course, just when I said that, I'll probably get kicked off again.)   I'm getting by OK.

I'm interrested in how it's going in other places -bacause I may be there.   What's you're location?   This community can help you determine how localized your problems are:   All Pantech290's?  whole system crashes? (been known to happen),  local towers?,  right down to your personal hardware configurations.     Details Please.

0 Likes