network down
dazzled0323
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else today down?  I can't do crap with my phone and i am very aggravated!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: network down
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located and for how long?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
milynily
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine's been down all day

Shona

I am in Indiana and have been unable to use the Internet service for over a week now.  Today, I am unable to send/receive emails, texts or phone calls.  My phone currently says "No Service".  My roommate, who is also on Verizon, is having the same issues.

This is becoming a recurring issue that needs to be addressed swiftly.  To pay what we have to pay for the services, they should work.  If they do not work, then we should get a credit for the days it was out.

It would be nice if there would be some type of announcement on the main page as an update to the customers who have no way to call/contact Verizon when the phone doesn't work!

Keeping your customers informed can go a long way to keeping customers at all.

0 Likes
mucusoffmybrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outage in Shelbyville, Indiana since around noon. Still down. Using Samsung Stratosphere. Disabled LTE network and still can't get service. Service dropped when I got into town. Girlfriend said it has been down since around noon. Can we get any info or ETR ?

BoxMasterX

Down today as of about 2 hours ago on my Droid Razr... no calls texts nothing!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Shona wrote:

I am in Indiana and have been unable to use the Internet service for over a week now.  Today, I am unable to send/receive emails, texts or phone calls.  My phone currently says "No Service".  My roommate, who is also on Verizon, is having the same issues.

This is becoming a recurring issue that needs to be addressed swiftly.  To pay what we have to pay for the services, they should work.  If they do not work, then we should get a credit for the days it was out.

It would be nice if there would be some type of announcement on the main page as an update to the customers who have no way to call/contact Verizon when the phone doesn't work!

Keeping your customers informed can go a long way to keeping customers at all.

They have a toll free 800 number to technical support which often is in your phone book(at least the newer 4G devices).  Also those 800 numbers are easy to find on their website.

If it's down it's down.  Verizon doesn't need to tell everybody it's down...  It's kind of obvious.  No matter what carrier it is if the network goes down they'll know and anyone within that area will know.  Too me it sounds like of redundant, and I'd rather have them spend all their man power FIXING the problem over stating the obvious.

0 Likes
jennifer12012

I have been down since yesterday, early evening.  I am in the Plymouth, Ma area.  My computer service is working (fios) but my cell phone is saying, "Warning Service Not Available."  My chiropractor had the same problem yesterday as well. What does one do?  

0 Likes
jennifer12012

I just powered down my phone and then it worked.  I did *228 to re-whatever it does and it is still working.  It is also suggested, while phone is on, take out battery for three seconds, then put back in.  This may help as well.  Good Luck!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

jennifer12012 wrote:

I just powered down my phone and then it worked.  I did *228 to re-whatever it does and it is still working.  It is also suggested, while phone is on, take out battery for three seconds, then put back in.  This may help as well.  Good Luck!!

Never do a *228 for a 4G phone.  It's not a traditional CDMA phone.  You could brick your sim card or worse Smiley Happy

0 Likes