mislead customer furious
tobbie

I have the 290 and nothing but problems.  I was not told if i got it i would lose my unlimited time.  Now on my bill i was charged 70.00 dollars for overage, i have called for a supervisor to call me have been waiting for 2 days.  I  am lost and don't know where to turn for help.  I would never have gave up my old 175 if they were honest and told me the truth somebody help me please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mislead customer furious
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry for your experience.  If you're within 30 days, you can always switch back.  You were on the completely unlimited data package on a um175?  Could be, but the unlimited package is pretty old.  Also, if you're exceeding 5 GB which is the minimum 4G package, they were probably throttling the speeds on your old modem to very slow speeds.  What plan do they have you on now?  I would definitely call and see what they can explain to you about the situation.  Also, what kind of problems have you been having with the 4G modem?

0 Likes
Not applicable
The 4G network is nothing but problems. It was introduced before the kinks were worked out. You should have looked at the available plans and prices before you switched to a new device on a new network, or at least asked. It's clear there is no unlimited plan for a 4G device. I suspect there is nothing you can do at this point. You're probably beyond the 30 days if you've already gotten a bill.
0 Likes
tobbie

I am on the 50.00 a month with 5120 limit,  i have  a house in ala also it keeps knocking me off line there.  I cannot get anybody to help me this is my third renewal for the internet service, i have been with them for a long time but nobody will help me 

0 Likes
tobbie

I called tech services because i had got a new windows 7 computer and  my 175 pantech would not work, the tech told me that it was not compatible.  So it was two weeks before my renewal so he told me about the new 4gb but not that it was a different plan and i would lose my unlimited plan i was grandfathered in this plan and never had any problems with my 175 pantech but it would not load on my windows 7.  If i knew i would lose my plan i would have sent it back for a xp computer but now i cannot get any one to help me

0 Likes
Not applicable
This may not seem like a great solution, but it might work. You could probably revert back to your old device but still be on the new 5GB plan for $50. Then, get a CradlePoint router to plug in your old 3G device. I have two CradlePoint routers and they work great. I have for travel and one at home.
0 Likes
DonMannino

I'm puzzled by reports of problems.  Maybe it's just where I live, but the 4G network has been extremely reliable and very, very fast here.

I had disconnect problems inside a convention center room where none of the cell phones were working reliably either.  When I moved near a door it was cleared up, one extra bar of signal strength and totally reliable.

But I can imagine it would be frustrating to upgrade the service and not have it work.  I was clearly told the service terms before I changed, and although it's not cheap, it works.

0 Likes
Not applicable
It doesn't work for lots of people. It also doesn't automatically switch back and forth from 4G to 3G to 4G as you travel down the highway. These issues need to be resolved before I would consider switching from 3G to 4G.
0 Likes
DonMannino

jimfitzgerald wrote:
It doesn't work for lots of people. It also doesn't automatically switch back and forth from 4G to 3G to 4G as you travel down the highway. These issues need to be resolved before I would consider switching from 3G to 4G.

Jim,

This is a good example of my point - this must depend on the area.  I recently rode from San Diego to LA with my laptop on, actively using the 4G connection with my pantech modem.  It started in 4G mode, seamlessly switched to 3G mode, and stayed connected all the way through 100 miles of travel, then bumped back up to 4G mode when I got into Crange County.

I am sure the problems are real - but it is still, apparently, dependent on the area and the density of the signal, I think.

The connection is much more reliable than my old 3g modem.  And of course crazy fast.

Don Mannino

0 Likes
Not applicable
That's good to hear. Maybe they are getting a handle on it.
0 Likes