Will lte advanced come to nexus 6p
Junior7389

This phone has the radios that allow lte advanced. Will it ever get it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will lte advanced come to nexus 6p
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Junior7389 Everyone is so excited about the LTE Advanced. Currently we are rolling it out by city. I’m including a link so you can check to see if your location along with device capabilities. Please check the link occasionally for device updates. https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/lte-advanced/

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Junior7389 Everyone is so excited about the LTE Advanced. Currently we are rolling it out by city. I’m including a link so you can check to see if your location along with device capabilities. Please check the link occasionally for device updates. https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/lte-advanced/

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

may have the radio but it's up to Google to implement the code to make it work. Keep in mind based on Block C rules Verizon has it open sourced for manufacturers to do so.

0 Likes
ANDXHE1

Hi, When is the nexus 6p going to be on the compatible device list?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ask Google if they implemented the code(short answer they have not).  It's open sourced and you can check the code it isn't there.

0 Likes
ANDXHE1

Okay, I can understand that but the hardware that's on the Nexus 6P supports LTE-A. Hopefully it will support it. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's not decided on Verizon.  It's decided by the companies that make devices.  If they don't make it work then nothing can be done about it.  By Block C rules all network related services for Verizon must be open sourced.  Any company can ask for it and Verizon can't deny them.  At this point I can't blame Verizon for features not working if the manufacturer doesn't want to put the legwork in.

I believe last time I looked there was a Google Group about it trying to convince Google to do the legwork.  I don't think it'll ever happen with the 6P, but possibly future devices it may.

0 Likes